Tutors urgently needed- free lisiting! (1 Viewer)

TSA

HSC
N/A
TUTORS NEEDED
Tutor Screening Australia was established in 2004 as an agency for tutors and tutoring businesses to screen their tutors for police clearance, educational level and tutoring skill. We are constantly receiving enquiries from parents and students wanting to contact screened tutors for tutoring work. We urgently require more tutors.
This referral service is free for both parents/students and tutors.
We do not take or charge referral fees or commissions from anyone.

LIMITED OFFER FOR BORED OF STUDIES MEMBERS
You will need to be screened by Tutor Screening Australia to be listed on our site.
Cost of being screened is normally $65.00 (plus the cost of a police clearance).
Until the 1st July 2006 we will waive the $65.00 screening fee for B.O.S members.You will still need to pay the cost of obtaining a police clearance.
You will need to quote offer number BOS01 on your application form

To apply visit www.austutor.com for more information and terms or to download an application form or contact us during business hours on 08 8370 6378

Tutor Screening Australia has the support of the Department of Education, Science and Training and the Department of Education and Children’s Services (DECS)

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

How miserible the lives of these tutors have been without you so far O! saver of nerds!!!!

TSA

HSC
N/A
If you have any constructive criticisms or comments why not submit them to tutors@iptimus.com.au as part of a research paper on the tutoring industry or are you just blowing hot air.

As a reply to your "some what" comment we are not protecting tutors, we are protecting the end users of tutoring services and thats the parents who pay for bogus tutors and kids receiving tuition from bogus tutors. If your not an unqualified tutor then you have nothing to worry about.

I guess the federal and state governments and the thousands of parents out there who want the screening of tutors to be mandatory according to you must be wrong.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
apparently, u do need to declare that you are of free crimial records if you are working with child care related fields...

but last time i check, signing a paper allowing certain institution checking one's background doesn't cost anything... or maybe it does, but the it's the institution that bears the cost...

my question to you, TSA, is that, if one do choose to accept your offer of accepting the screening, at the end, do we receive a certificate of some sort?!

if we do, how can one assure the timely update of this information?! ie, if i recieved the certificate say 2 years ago, how can one assume i didn't commit any crime for the past 2 yrs?! are there subsequent screenings?!

TSA

HSC
N/A
xiao1985 said:
apparently, u do need to declare that you are of free crimial records if you are working with child care related fields...

but last time i check, signing a paper allowing certain institution checking one's background doesn't cost anything... or maybe it does, but the it's the institution that bears the cost...

my question to you, TSA, is that, if one do choose to accept your offer of accepting the screening, at the end, do we receive a certificate of some sort?!

if we do, how can one assure the timely update of this information?! ie, if i recieved the certificate say 2 years ago, how can one assume i didn't commit any crime for the past 2 yrs?! are there subsequent screenings?!
If you pass all the screening requirements you are issued with a tutor screening card which states you have been screened for security, tutoring skill and educational level that has your photo on it. All tutors must be screened yearly to ensure the integrity of the screening process. If you go to the following link http://www.austutor.com/TSC APPLY.htm and read the tutor screening guidelines all your questions will be answered. If you have any further questions please don't hesitiate to contact us as per contact details on the website www.austutor.com

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
good thing...

and i reckon first ppl amongst all that should be screened are the teachers... not only their teachin ability but also their passion to their jobs...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)