• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

TV vs Study (1 Viewer)

monique66

I noe this may seem kinda weird but have you ever been thinking about television when your studying, then when you watch tv do you regret not studying?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I haven't watched T.V. for about 4 years. Grow some willpower.

And as to what you're feeling? It's your 'conscience' telling you "whoops, you just screwed up".

phungus

HSC
Slide Rule said:
I haven't watched T.V. for about 4 years. Grow some willpower.

And as to what you're feeling? It's your 'conscience' telling you "whoops, you just screwed up".
Holy crap!!! u legend

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Shit, anyone who hasn't watched tv in 4 years has no life. I mean what are you doing if your not at home alone watching some poor show!? Reading a book!? *sniggers*

(NOTE: Mass sarcasm used)

firehose

HSC
Sif no tv fof 4 years, the only way by that is to have NO tv at all in the home!

when i watch tv, i feel guilty not studying
so i goto the desk, but then i start daydreaming....

its a whole cycle

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
nope... i did 20 hrs ballet, watched tv (don't come between me and the oc...) and still got a uai of over 96..... my point is....you have to study smarter...not harder or longer...plus...ur brain needs a rest every now and again!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
of course i think i should be studying when watching tv, but not the other way around

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
fakingtheday said:
There's no legible way he could prove that. I could say i've studied everyday since 4th grade, never watched tv and like brocolli.

Which i have and do.
I believe the word you're looking for is 'legitimate' and even then it is a redundancy. "There's no way he could prove that" would have sufficed.

And to that I concede I am not about to prove I do not watch T.V. You may take my word for it, or you may delude yourself with the thought that you are a slave to T.V. therefore, everybody else must be too.

Oh, and for the record, I do like brocolli.

To the person who asked: That includes movies. With the only exception being the a rare occasion I watch a certain T.V. series as DVDs on my computer (I'm myopic).

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
wow i admire people who dont get brainwashed watching ridiculus t.v shows about people who are on international television becoz there fat, or shows about people who are made to eat fly shakes? ew. i wish i had the willpower to study!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Time spent being brainwashed is worse than time wasted. :)

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
damnation said:
I noe this may seem kinda weird but have you ever been thinking about television when your studying, then when you watch tv do you regret not studying?
Never, but do I have the TV on while I'm studying - usually the news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)