TWO important questions!!! (1 Viewer)

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by jessika
what they didn't want free labour!??!?! bah.
you'd think free labour=no wage/work gets done=profit!!!! But no, what's the world coming to:)

nomza

HSC
I know this is not a favourable option.....but fast food (in particular mcdonald's) is the best form of experience and the easiest way to get it too.

BELIEVE ME, I worked there for two years and I have had a few job offers, but I've decided that I won't get a job until the second semester because I wanna concentrate on my first two terms of uni and get settled. I don't wanna have a full schedule straight off...

But yeah, my experience at maccas has really bulked up my resume, and has helped me get jobs in the past that has also added to my experience. It's definately a fantastic stepping stone. But again, I know it's unpopular, even some ppl see it as degrading, but it can be fun....the store I worked at had great ppl and I enjoyed MOST (not all, some of it got really tiresome and demanding) of the time I had there.

Good luck though.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by nomza
I know this is not a favourable option.....but fast food (in particular mcdonald's) is the best form of experience and the easiest way to get it too.

BELIEVE ME, I worked there for two years and I have had a few job offers, but I've decided that I won't get a job until the second semester because I wanna concentrate on my first two terms of uni and get settled. I don't wanna have a full schedule straight off...

But yeah, my experience at maccas has really bulked up my resume, and has helped me get jobs in the past that has also added to my experience. It's definately a fantastic stepping stone. But again, I know it's unpopular, even some ppl see it as degrading, but it can be fun....the store I worked at had great ppl and I enjoyed MOST (not all, some of it got really tiresome and demanding) of the time I had there.

Good luck though.
I KNow beggars can't be choosers but i don't want to work in fast food (eg maccas,kfc)??? It's pretty contradictory of me to want a job but not want to work somewhere but i can't see myself flipping burgers at maccas!!! I think a cafe would be more my scene....perhaps mcafe:D

nomza

HSC
......I never once flipped a burger -- I worked in drive thru mostly, and it was pertty cushy, I got to watch tv when I had finished racking fries (putting the frozen fries into the baskets) and doing some light cleaning.

Seriously, you can't knock something till you've given it a go.

nomza

HSC
Oh and you realise you'll probably have worse condition, longer hours and more possibility of flipping burgers at a cafe?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I've been working in a place called Nando's, its a chicken shop, not full fast food like maccas and not so much a restrurant - kinda in between
anyway after 3 yrs working there, I'm now a shift manager, which will be very impressive for a resume - shift manager @ 18 yrs of age.

So yeah, watever the job, any job looks better than no job on a resume.

nomza

HSC
Nah, I know Nando's -- the sell the yummiest chicken....I go to the one in maroubra or in the city....

but I would classify that as pretty fast foodish. But it has classier food than maccas.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi
I've been working in a place called Nando's, its a chicken shop, not full fast food like maccas and not so much a restrurant - kinda in between
anyway after 3 yrs working there, I'm now a shift manager, which will be very impressive for a resume - shift manager @ 18 yrs of age.

So yeah, watever the job, any job looks better than no job on a resume.
yeah you're right. . . i guess i have to start small and make my way up. . . .tommorrow i'll calling maccas!!!

nomza

HSC
seriously, you make my heart swell with pride.

Good luck, you'll be a keen worker and do well!

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Tnaks for the words of advice. . . and yes i am very keen

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by natstar
B marketing at UWS blacktown- this year there was a huge jump from 67 to 73

not that huge, alot of courses had jumps, did you still get into marketing nat?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)