• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

two unis at same time (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I was wondering...Ok Im currently at college doing a degree thats a university equivalent right, and peopel from my college have gotten into masters degress no worries, because its exactly the same only not studied at a university. My question is... heres my situation-

I want to study a masters degree that they have at Usyd and not UNSW, and I wanna do a Dip. Ed. at UNSW that they dont do at Usyd. I dont wanna have to stay back an extra year to do one or the other because Im sockof study and just wanna work.

My question is, is it possible to study Dip. Ed. vis correspondance through UNSW whilst doing a Masters at Usy at the same time? Im not worried about the work load.. at the moment Im doing my course accelerated anyway with 7 classes per semester... so that doesnt worry me. I just wonder if I'd be 'allowed' to study 2 seperate things at 2 different unis? Correspondance is better for the dip.ed cos I can work on it around my matsers and dont have to worry about clashes etc.

Can anyone help me?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
There is no 'ban' on going to two universities at the same time [though it can get tricky with HECS], however you can't do the Dip Ed at UNSW via correspondence:

UNSW does not offer primary school method, fine arts method, physical education method, or music method. Also, there is no mid-year intake; the Diploma of Education course can only be started at the end of February. The course cannot be taken via distance education. The course may be taken part-time or full-time.
http://education.arts.unsw.edu.au/dipedcourses.htm

Most unis don't seem to offer education courses via correspondence but does, though that has problems of its own as you'd have to go to Vic for your practicum.

It might be better to do your Masters by correspondence and do the DipEd/BTeach/whatever as an internal student.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)