Type or Hand-write notes? (1 Viewer)

Quartermaster

HSC
Hand-write or Type Notes?

Hello, I'm currently in year 12 and I can't decide whether to hand-write my notes or type them?
I was thinking of doing both but I'm afraid if I don't get the time to actually study them.
I do the following subjects:
- Advanced English (Frankenstein & Blade Runner, Belonging, Hamlet, The Fiftieth Gate)
- Studies of Religion II
- Ancient History
- Modern History
- Business Studies
- PDHPE

By the way, do my subjects scale well?
Is it possible to get a 98 or even 99 ATAR with these subjects?

Last edited:

abcderic

Untitled
HSC
Re: Hand-write or Type Notes?

I personally like to type my notes :) You can print them when they're finished anyway, and separate them into topics. But it's really what feels most comfortable for you.

And 98-99 is definitely possible, just do your best in all of your subjects and I think that's achievable easy.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A

Hello, I'm currently in year 12 and I can't decide whether to hand-write my notes or type them?
I was thinking of doing both but I'm afraid if I don't get the time to actually study them.
- Advanced English (Frankenstein & Blade Runner, Belonging, Hamlet, The Fiftieth Gate)
- Studies of Religion II
- Ancient History
- Modern History
- Business Studies
- PDHPE

writing notes will make you more suitable to exam conditions since you are given pen and paper but your going to wear yourself out writing out notes. Typing is great and a lot more info can be put. and your subjects are great.

bhsrepresent

HSC

This time 6 months ago I would have said type..

Tbh though i'm starting to second guess that idea since in my experience, when you type (which I've done for my 7 content subjects all year - yes you heard me, 7) you are so inclined to continue to include all the unnecessary (it'll seem necessary to you) content which probably won't even be tested. IMO you'll retain more if you write and it will save you stress when it comes to exams.

BUT if your someone who will consistently read your notes (I said I would - turns out I didn't) then by all means type up 40+ pages for each topic and it'll be great.

watapple

HSC
type notes first so u can change it or something like that

kietkiet

HSC
Unfortunately a Band 6 in those subjects will only give you an ATAR ~ 60-65.

lolwot

HSC
1. Honestly I like hand writing as there is less chance for distraction, easier to scribble on and format.

2. You subjects scale decent I guess, not the greatest and not the worst, but honestly it doesn't matter, perform well in your exams and you don't have to worry about scaling.

3. You can achieve 99.95 with any combination of subjects. So yes, you can, highly dependant on your effort as for all subjects.

And yes kietkiet is just trolling.

Last edited:

kietkiet

HSC
- Studies of Religion II
- Ancient History
- Modern History (World War I 1914-1919, Germany, Albert Speer, Indochina)
- Business Studies
- PDHPE

I like to type my notes because it allows me to format them, edit, add diagrams, add additional information, and send it to my friends whenever they need notes. Tbh, hand-writing notes seem redundant to me. You're only writing what you currently know and once it's written, it's a hell of a bitch to go back and change stuff. Typing just seems so much more flexible and efficient. Once you've typed all your notes print them out and turn them into like a booklet or something. It's much more neat and by the time you finish typing your notes you already know 70% of it. Then afterwards you can just ROTE learn the stuff you're unsure off.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
whichever keeps you off distractions better. Usually typing means less scribbling but writing means less distractions.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Make notes whichever way you find easiest. Typing saves time, you can add and edit stuff, but you have to keep regular backups. Notes takes time, but I'm sure you'd file them somewhere and not lose them.

And yes you can get that ATAR, very possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)