typing chinese (1 Viewer)

HSC
anyone know of any programs that type chinese?..(other than NJStar)

i use to have a program called Q9, but the trial date expired and it won't let me reinstall..!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
install windows xp...

go to microsoft website and search and grab their MUI packs (the language packs)...

install and change the language prefs and you can change it to Chinese PRC or Chinese TW.

HSC
yeah, i've done all that..but that only displays chinese...and not actually typing it...i think :confused:
unless i missed something..?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
hmmm... but the language pack i'm saying changes ALL of windows... you can choose to change all the language in Chinese... basically its a megaphatshit file... keep looking sorry ;)

i've got it on CD tho.

santaslayer

HSC
A subthread..........how do you type chinese? :p
I know how to write and read and all that....but how the hell do you type?

HSC
with the keyboard i presume...lol
nah..there are keys that are assigned on each letter, so you're kinda building up a single word...blah blah...

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
there's many ways of inputting chinese into a comp.

one of the more interesting ways is using a tablet, which senses the brush strokes onto the screen and turns them into characters (this is assuming you can write, which i can't).

another way is to input pinyin and select the right character to use...

and finally another way, each number on your keyboard numpad is assigned to a stroke (vertical, horizontal, tick etc) and you punch in the order of the strokes which will select the right character.

HSC
yes i currently have the one where you write the character with your mouse, and several options are given...
but i really want the one using the keypad , ie Q9, it's so much faster and easy to use

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
you type pin yin... or if you are 1337 enough, u can do the short hand way... i think tis called wu bi...

*excuse my poor expressive
*blushes...

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
just use chinese windows with the chinese keyboard...the input method i use is "Chooksing" ٳ (can anyone see that?) its quite fast if you know what you're doing..maybe one word every on and a half seconds

HSC
Originally posted by jay2000
just use chinese windows with the chinese keyboard...the input method i use is "Chooksing" ٳ (can anyone see that?) its quite fast if you know what you're doing..maybe one word every on and a half seconds
nope..don't have chinese windows..:(

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer
A subthread..........how do you type chinese? :p
I know how to write and read and all that....but how the hell do you type?
OMG santaslayer!
ur chinese?? I never knew that!

HSC
N/A
I use to be able to type chinese but then I reinstalled my OS and when the person installed it he didn't install chinese on it and I don't have the XP cd so I can't install chinese on it.....I can read chinese but not type....is the only way I can type, other than installing something like CStar, is to get a copy of the XP cd and install chinese??

Seung.Hur

H2O
HSC
You don't have to get Windows XP in order to type Chinese. All you need to find from the Microsoft website (use their search feature) and search for "Chinese IME". Download it, extract, install, open it if it requires opening; and usually there will be a language menu, in the menu bar; or floating on screen somewhere. Usually it will only display in areas like this: the typing area!

And the Korean with a huge interest in Chinese takes his leave~~

Zhang San Feng

护花使者
HSC
yeah...just download the patches... but i dont like xp either way... stupid cant read traditional properly, maybe i have to download the traditional patch :p

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
mm i use stoopit pinyin to type my chinese... randomly typing in how i think the word is spelt and trying my luck .. lolz

i dunno how to make it write in traditional damnit..

when im desperate enuff ill just use that TW thingy in xp.. just write it with clumsy mouse skillz =( ...

i also haf a comp with chinese keyboard.. i got no friggen idea how to use it tho.. lol
Originally posted by Zhang San Feng
yeah...just download the patches... but i dont like xp either way... stupid cant read traditional properly, maybe i have to download the traditional patch :p
mm i dun haf ne probs on xp =\

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)