typist job (1 Viewer)

bubble_tea

how and where do we apply for that job where u sit at a computer and type peoples timetables in?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
mz_bubbletea said:
how and where do we apply for that job where u sit at a computer and type peoples timetables in?
Oooh they had it advertised somewhere, but I think it was advertising administrative jobs prior to the beginning of next semester.

I think the typing jobs are for mentors?

Check the Careerhub on our Uni webpage and look under Vacation Jobs

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think it has passed, do a search for 'campus' and tick the box so you see expired jobs

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
i saw the advertisment like 4 months ago outside eric... pay is pretty mad like 21bux/hr

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
i think it has passed,
~ForAGoodCause~ said:
i think its too late to apply ... but anyways i heard we wont be getting many hours next year so no big deal
mz_bubbletea - you should learn something before you apply for jobs. When you drop off your resume at a place or ask if there are vacancies, remember that people act like spoiled children and want to keep all the work for themselves. When two people say 'it's too late...' and another person tries to make it out as not a big deal ('not many hours' - why the fuck would there be less hours than last year?), bells should go off that the job's still around.

Temporary Student Clerks - Campus Position
Position:
Added:
19-Oct-2005
Closes:
08-Nov-2005
Hours:
Casual/PT
Payrate:
$22.80 per hour

If my watch is correct, the 8th is Tuesday.

Last edited:

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
I'd rep you for that post, Rhapsody... except for

a) it's potential to get people offside with it's tactlessness (everything your'e saying is good advice, but has a massive potential to get the paraphrased/quoted people rather defensive -- you don't know for certain what people's "true" intentions have been/were, and if they were hiding it or it was one of the myriad of other campus positions available)
b) the fact there's no rep system anymore!

...but the ultimate message of your post is spot on.

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
Skittled said:
I'd rep you for that post, Rhapsody... except for

a) it's potential to get people offside with it's tactlessness (everything your'e saying is good advice, but has a massive potential to get the paraphrased/quoted people rather defensive -- you don't know for certain what people's "true" intentions have been/were, and if they were hiding it or it was one of the myriad of other campus positions available)
b) the fact there's no rep system anymore!

...but the ultimate message of your post is spot on.
Thankyou, Steve.

I'm not big on tact, but the fact that the information is so easily and quickly obtained, as well as the fact that the careers website information has not been edited in weeks, is pretty conclusive.

I've seen the same crap over and over. Usually it manifests in a retail assistant throwing away a resume of a threatening prospective.

Last edited:

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
~ForAGoodCause~ said:
actually the job you posted is different

it is not the one where you enter peoples timetables in during enrolments, which is called Enrolement Officers and that expired on the 21st of september :)

so maybe you should just relax okay.
That's interesting, because when I picked up the application form, that's what she said I was applying for... Meh.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Applications actually closed today (Monday) not Tuesday.

bubble_tea

haha thanks rhapsody!
yeah i handed in my form for student clerk today! yES! ^^
tho it seems quite competitive.. and im sorta kicking myself for writing the wrong date on it.. =T

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
bscienceboi said:
Applications actually closed today (Monday) not Tuesday.
That's interesting. Brian Hurd said they close tomorrow when I rang up. Coincidentally, that's also what the posting on the careers site said.

mz_bubbletea said:
haha thanks rhapsody!
yeah i handed in my form for student clerk today! yES! ^^
tho it seems quite competitive.. and im sorta kicking myself for writing the wrong date on it.. =T
Who cares if it's competitive? All you can do is apply, smile, and hope for the best. When I spoke to him on the phone to double check that I could come in tomorrow, he said that all dates were equally sought-after and competitive.

Where in the Lincoln building is he? Is it down on the SAM side, at the bottom? Or is it at the top?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
rhapsody11 said:
That's interesting. Brian Hurd said they close tomorrow when I rang up. Coincidentally, that's also what the posting on the careers site said.
When I collected the sheet it stated that it closes on Monday and the student office confirmed that I had the end of today (Monday) to hand it in by.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
rhapsody11 said:
mz_bubbletea - you should learn something before you apply for jobs. When you drop off your resume at a place or ask if there are vacancies, remember that people act like spoiled children and want to keep all the work for themselves. When two people say 'it's too late...' and another person tries to make it out as not a big deal ('not many hours' - why the fuck would there be less hours than last year?), bells should go off that the job's still around.

Position:
Added:
19-Oct-2005
Closes:
08-Nov-2005
Hours:
Casual/PT
Payrate:
$22.80 per hour

If my watch is correct, the 8th is Tuesday.
dude, i haven't read the rest of the thread to see if someone has corrected you but this is not the one she was asking for - well not the one i was talking about! if you look for expired positions one has passed, don't think we are acting like spoiled children when you haven't even tried my suggestion which would have shown you what we were talking about

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)