U either live by the sword or die by the sword (1 Viewer)

Jin-17

Hello all,

Anyway watched the olympics for taekwondo? I dont want to be rude here, but they made taekwondo a disgrace. Its not even seen as an art anymore. Also, they made it so bad. The korean side brought the worse fighters in the nation who dont even do the martial arts full time. The true tournments have fighters end up with broken bones and suchlike and makes it the strongest of the fittest and separtes the weak from the strong. Sorry to sound like a complete dick who dont understand anything, but it pisses me off when other fighters think taekwondo fighters are weak and for the honour of the art i agree to an honourable fight. People may say turn the other cheek, but it doesn't work like that.
Also, true taekwondo fighters are dedicated almost 24/7, and I for one have once lost 11kg in a month to fight in a tournmnet.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
lol jin this thread died
muahaha

spamming machien

Jin-17

Thanks, I guess I am losing my image at the moment.:( Still it made life abit intersting, with people flaming me these days, but I wonder if they would say that to my face in real life, not that I would hit them or anything, but some of my friends do say that I am almost like a loose cannon, and quickly lose my cool if the wrong thing is said to me. The thing is these days, I seem to get pissed off with everyone, so much things has been happening, I lost to a kyokusin karate blackbelt in a tight fight, my sister is pissed off with me, my parents think I am lazy, my brothers think I just cant stfu, and i rejected a girl who really seemed hurt, even though I tried to break it to her in the nicest way. So really life is truing over a new leaf, my true intentention is I dont give a damn about anything anymore.

P.S I didnt mean anything disrespectful to u, beacause it seems that u are really a nice person, I am just trying taking out all my anguish and problems out.

Jin-17

U can. Taekwondo fighters do it all the time. If u dont believe me than I really care. Hve u ever went into a taekwondo class? Just one class makes me lose 2kg in that i sweat so much and lose so much water. Also i was doing that 5 times a week with my own private training and this can be done. If one put their mind to something it can be done. Look at the great fighters f our era like Koysta who is at the moment 15kg over weight for his weight class but he can easily lose all that weight in like 2 weeks or less, due to his religious training, which easily makes my training seem like a joke. Another thing, dont forget the age as well, in that unlike adults our metablism is much faster. Also, I see the girls being able to do it, so why cant us guys as well than?

terminator

Dude all i'm saying is that for a fighter our age to lose 11kg, surely most of the weight lost would be muscle if you're in good shape to start with. It would make it very difficult to compete after losing all that weight.

Jin-17

Originally posted by utopian731
No it can be done

Finally someone agrees with me on this. To the other guy, I know it may sound abit unhuman, but once again I repeat many fighters do it all the times. Also, I repeat if u like u may undertake an experiment where u have one adult and one child to eat a whole pizza by themselve and see in a week who it affected the most. The thing people dont notice is that some people start to get very heavy when they hit the early 20s and 30s due to the change in metabloism, yet the compusmtion is the same which gets stored as fat. Also, u say that we lose musles as well, thats not true. As a teenagers we haven't really developed that muscle fibre yet fully. An experiment u may consider for this may be the flexiblity of differenet age people. Why do young children have more flexiblity than an adult< becaue they are still develping. Also, another thing u can still maintain power even though u may be lighter than before. U ask why? Well consdier the great Bruce Lee for instance, he was in the 60kg range, yet was so effective, and this can be explained by the principles of newtons laws. Also, another thing he can maximise more of the bodyweight. I prefer to be a 60kg person who can use almost 100% of my bodymass than be a 90kg person who can only use 20% of my bodymass. Another thing for power comes from speed and technqiues which in a martial arts sense means power. Once again refer to newtons laws.

CLuver?

i hate tournament fighting. they get 1 kick in then run around and celebrate, it's ridiculous. they'd survive 1 second in a real fight, no style, no endurance, just crappy little tactical kicks.

i was a 2 dan black belt with Master Jay Seo, quit before y11, way too repetitive for me.

Jin-17

Originally posted by CLuver?
i hate tournament fighting. they get 1 kick in then run around and celebrate, it's ridiculous. they'd survive 1 second in a real fight, no style, no endurance, just crappy little tactical kicks.

i was a 2 dan black belt with Master Jay Seo, quit before y11, way too repetitive for me.

I guess u haven't went to the right tournment. Its true what u said that in real life situation that we may not be around kicking around and stuff. But I disagree with u on your view on tournments, there are many postive aspects u may gain out of it such as being mentally strong to try to outthink and counter your opponent, be able to respond and not be thinking about it because that split second could cost u big, u can see how effective your kicking is really, and its much better than the trial and error on the streets. As for the style, there is in fact no style, in that even though some people may do the same art, they use it to how it suits them and is not the same as other. As for example the back kick, some people like to privot to execute that technique, but I to really privot the whole body for it like the hurricane to try to do the maxium damage as I am trying to put alot of mass into. Some people say kicks are lame, but I disagree in that with training it can be devlepoed where it can be faster than the hands itself and the good thing is its 3 times stronger than the hands and have a greater reach. Look at the super kicker from asia Sammo Hung who in his fight screens, never seem to actually put his feet down at all. Also, for the realistice fight have u consdiered hapkido? That really helps in the hand aspect alot and covers the loophole of taekwondo. It really is an all round package. Also, wing chun is good too, in that they have the unique training called chi sai, which is very effective. As for the streets, u need to be creative and be direct and be on the right frame of mind. Tournments help build that confidence and edge, where if there wasn't a tournment, u will lack that speed in the thought. I really respect your ex master and personally he is a very nice master, like all the other taekwondo fighters.

terminator

hey jin, i was thinking of taking up some kind of weapons training soon. what do you think is the most practical and effective weapon? It would have to be sticks wouldn't it?

Jin-17

Originally posted by terminator
hey jin, i was thinking of taking up some kind of weapons training soon. what do you think is the most practical and effective weapon? It would have to be sticks wouldn't it?

Personally I am aginst weapons of any sort, beacuse there are many reasons for this. Firslly u need a license to carry one around, cannot be carried around everywhere, not practical on its own, and it requires a great degree of mastery which has to be firstly done with the empty hands. Also, I am the old believer that as the saying goes, the weapon is only the tool, and the person is the true thing. Let me take u back to the days when I was a traineer instructor, for wing chun, I did not even learn the weapon side of wing chun which would take another 10 years, this was due to the basic exercise needs to be mastered and the theory to be known. How can u handle a weapon if your physical and mental self is not fit for it?
Sorry for me going abit out, now I will try to answer your question, the weapon really depends on the person and how it suits them, becasue like I said its only really a tool. As for me my chosen weapon is something that is not really expected and people really under rate this which are the dual war fans, which is almost like a fig tree where even when bent it cannot be broken. I suggest u to try to maybe experiment around say for instance u may train in pensil lak which is basically only weapon of the two sticks, and maybe u may even try out some of the chinese arts such as chon yu fut. But while, u train in the weapon, i heavily suggest u to train in the empty hands which in my opinion is the most effective for your self defense and well being.

terminator

I wasn't looking at carrying the weapon around permanently, but i just think it would be cool to be skilled with a weapon. plus you may need to use a weapon one day, i doubt martial arts in itself could take out say six reasonably sized fighters, unless you have awesome power, speed and coordination.
one of the downsides of taekwando is that if you do not continue your training you can't use your legs cause they become inflexible, and it takes at least two weeks to become flexible again. that is why boxing in a sense can be seen as better than taekwando and its counterparts because it can always be applied and there is not such an emphasis on flexibility. however, i will admit that teakwando (i reckon karate is better) is a better for you.

Jin-17

Originally posted by terminator
I wasn't looking at carrying the weapon around permanently, but i just think it would be cool to be skilled with a weapon. plus you may need to use a weapon one day, i doubt martial arts in itself could take out say six reasonably sized fighters, unless you have awesome power, speed and coordination.
one of the downsides of taekwando is that if you do not continue your training you can't use your legs cause they become inflexible, and it takes at least two weeks to become flexible again. that is why boxing in a sense can be seen as better than taekwando and its counterparts because it can always be applied and there is not such an emphasis on flexibility. however, i will admit that teakwando (i reckon karate is better) is a better for you.
I agree with u on that, taekwondo needs a high level of flexibality, but thats why I am thinking of cross training with hapkido, and I also did wing chun as well for the hands. I like yourselve think boxing is a very practical fighting style for the realistic fight situation, like my father used to be the featherweight boxing champion in back in his heydays in school and stuff. Many taekwondo fighters say there is no wekaness in the art, but the harsh fact f reality is there is a weakness for all arts.

Rosie

My niece and nephew aged 9 and 7 have just started taekwondo and they are loving it!! Of course they are not ready for any tournaments yet but i was wondering what age does tournament fighting start from?? I think its good for them coz they will be able to look after themselves and it keeps them fit in the off season of netball and football. Personally, i did taekwondo for school sport a few times but i didn't really like it that much....maybe thats coz i didn't start from a young age? i only started like when i was 16 and will never do it again lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)