HSC
N/A
let's say that my uac course list looks like this:

1. A - unsw
2. B - usyd
3. C - uncle
4. D - uws
etc, etc, etc.

i was wondering..... i'm finding it hard to phrase this question....... ok, you know how all the unis on that list are different? well, if you get accepted into, say, the first choice, then does that mean that you can't choose the other choices on your list because they weren't your first choice? hmm.... that's not what i mean...... ok, you know how out of the list you can only be chosen for one dfee and one csp course? well, does that mean that, even if all the unis are different, then you can only be chosen and do the first eligible course on the list? or, let's say that you get a uai of 99, and all your course choices have a uai below that. so, can you choose whatever course you want to do, or is it the first elible course on your list?

umm.... if that didn't make sense, then just tell me, and i'll try to rephrase it. But hopefully you get the gist of what i'm trying to ask. :eek:

HSC
you put your nine preferences in preferential order. the highest preference you are eligible for will be the uni offer you get the rest are discarded. i'm pretty sure if you apply for both dfee and csp you will get one offer for each.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
watatank said:
you put your nine preferences in preferential order. the highest preference you are eligible for will be the uni offer you get the rest are discarded. i'm pretty sure if you apply for both dfee and csp you will get one offer for each.
awww. you mean i don't get to 'choose' between unis? oh well. thanks for that :)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Just wondering, if I apply for unis in both NSW and Victoria do I get my top offer from each state? Because I know that you only get the highest choice you put that you're accepted to but since they're different lists and different fees I thought you might get one from each state.

Season

HSC
^^ Yep you can as they are from different "TACS".

Technically if you got a UAI of 100 and a UMAT of 300, and interviewed quite well you could get one offer from Qld, NSW, Vic, Tas, SA and WA...

but yes you'd have to be pretty awesome to do that...

I know a few people who had 4 offers and were just tossing up between them... *ultra jealous*, which is why medicine is so iffy, because the best of the best get all the good CSP places and when they get tossed away they're up for grabs in the second round and 3rd.. etc.

However I know that the med schools do talk to each other, I remember for NSW I authorised them to talk to other medical schools whether I could potentially being offered a place... so they might start cracking down on being offered multiple places...

once again confusing.

Also for all you NSW people who want more options, apply through VTAC, because strangely you can apply for NSW unis through VTAC... weird, anyway you want more places you can get them that way, I believe VTAC offers you 13 places...

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
You can always change your preferences after you get your results.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
you know how some courses require extra cirricular stuff like for pharmacy how you need Stat and the uai above cut-off, how are these actually allocated? Is it stat = 50% and UAi= 50% or ???

hey ssjem you asked thsi question in another thread aye?

didnt they say the same thing? if your get offered a spot for your 1st pref then the rest are disregarded?

Last edited:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Buiboi said:
you know how some courses require extra cirricular stuff like for pharmacy how you need Stat and the uai above cut-off, how are these actually allocated? Is it stat = 50% and UAi= 50% or ???

didnt they say the same thing? if your get offered a spot for your 1st pref then the rest are disregarded?
i heard from a friend they take your STAT mark into consideration first , and then from that , use your UAI as like , a basis for accepting you. guess it`s kinda a 50/50 thing then.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
xclusv2bhung said:
i heard from a friend they take your STAT mark into consideration first , and then from that , use your UAI as like , a basis for accepting you. guess it`s kinda a 50/50 thing then.
fromwhat you said it soundsl ike 55: 45.... stat : UAi...i havent sat it yet im sitting it at the end of the year...have you sat it? is it hard to get above 151?

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Buiboi said:
fromwhat you said it soundsl ike 55: 45.... stat : UAi...i havent sat it yet im sitting it at the end of the year...have you sat it? is it hard to get above 151?
ahah sorry , my details are kinda awry.

uhh yeah , i sat it at the end of last year.
nah its not hard to get >151. no one i know at my school got <160.
seriously i didnt try hard at all , and I got 158.
still thats pretty low tho , so i`m guna re-do it in november or december. =]

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
STAT is required, although I don't think it's used unless there's a tie between two candidates for the last place.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
s-AINT said:
STAT is required, although I don't think it's used unless there's a tie between two candidates for the last place.
oh really ?
i heard it was used before UAIs ><"

HSC
uh wouldn't uai's cull many more numbers than the stat results would? and surely those with high uai's should be considered even if their stat results are a tad undesirable?

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Well, you could be right.
I heard somwhere that they don't combine STAT ranks with your UAI for pharmacy - this would be unfair.
Think about it, if a student earned a UAI of 100, and failed miserably in the STAT, they wouldn't allocate them a place, right? er...? wtf!
Entry into pharmacy, I'm almost certain, is based on your uai alone. Although I'll speak with the faculty tomorrow and report back.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
s-AINT said:
Well, you could be right.
I heard somwhere that they don't combine STAT ranks with your UAI for pharmacy - this would be unfair.
Think about it, if a student earned a UAI of 100, and failed miserably in the STAT, they wouldn't allocate them a place, right? er...? wtf!
Entry into pharmacy, I'm almost certain, is based on your uai alone. Although I'll speak with the faculty tomorrow and report back.
woo ! thanks s-AINT. =]

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Buiboi said:

nah. The other thread was about how many course choices we were allowed overall.

and, hey, the time's are correct now! wooooooooo :)

edit: wait...... nope. i was wrong. :mad1: time's are still fugly.

Last edited:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
They wouldn't release the information in regards to how they utilize the STAT score in determining candidates.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
s-AINT said:
They wouldn't release the information in regards to how they utilize the STAT score in determining candidates.
aww damnit.
i thought i was one step closer to finding out ><

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
xclusv2bhung said:
aww damnit.
i thought i was one step closer to finding out ><

Entry to the Bachelor of Pharmacy is competitive. The standard required for entry to Pharmacy in 2007 was:

For HSC Students and Recent School leavers

Successful STAT (at least 150/200)
Very good UAI (95.15)

For Tertiary Record Holders

Successful STAT (at least 150/200)
Very good tertiary record in at least one year of full-time study at Bachelor’s degree level (or part-time equivalent). The UAI is not considered if an applicant has a tertiary record equivalent to one full-time year or more.
http://www.pharm.usyd.edu.au/future_students/cw_degrees/reg_degree/index.shtml

If you don't score at least 150 in the STAT, I'm guessing your application will be not be considered.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)