• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UAC selection for Law (1 Viewer)

AKal

HSC
Hi all, need to make UAC early selection list. My ideal goal is to get into LAW at UNSW. But current indicative ATAR is around 94-95. USydn ATAR is too much to achieve for direct entry. UNSW also, do you know realistically what is the ATAR one needs to achieve. had received 74 in LAT last year.
So when entering UAC selection, thinking of below. Any suggestions on tips to maximise selection chances, keeping option open for getting into uni and moving into Law in 1 yr. Can anyone confirm ANU Law atar requirement realistically?
UNSW Double Law
UNSW Law
ANU Law
UNSW Commerce + Arts
Uni Syd Commerce
Thanks!

carrotsss

HSC
assuming you don’t have any bonus points for being disadvantaged:

unsw is like 95 if u get an insane lat, otherwise as u increase your ATAR from there lat matters less and less until 99s where from what I’ve heard it pretty much doesn’t matter. so with your lat you want to be getting mid-high 90s ATAR minimum to get in. for anu law you need a bit over a 97 atar to get in. to maximise selection chances just do as well as you can in the hsc and if you don’t do well enough, just do a course you’re generally interested in and would be willing to complete otherwise, and just try to get good marks in it for a year. the only other thing I’ll add is that I think having unsw double law and unsw law as seperate preferences is a bit redundant since if u don’t get into one you won’t get into the other since I believe they’re evaluated together

AKal

HSC
assuming you don’t have any bonus points for being disadvantaged:

unsw is like 95 if u get an insane lat, otherwise as u increase your ATAR from there lat matters less and less until 99s where from what I’ve heard it pretty much doesn’t matter. so with your lat you want to be getting mid-high 90s ATAR minimum to get in. for anu law you need a bit over a 97 atar to get in. to maximise selection chances just do as well as you can in the hsc and if you don’t do well enough, just do a course you’re generally interested in and would be willing to complete otherwise, and just try to get good marks in it for a year. the only other thing I’ll add is that I think having unsw double law and unsw law as seperate preferences is a bit redundant since if u don’t get into one you won’t get into the other since I believe they’re evaluated together
This is very helpful, thanks. That's exactly what I was wndering if Law and Double Law should be applied separately or together. They have different course codes on website but the cut off etc info seems same for both.

AKal

HSC
For entry to UNSW Law with 74 LAT, probably somewhere between 96-98 ATAR. That also depends, do you mean percentile or score out of 100? Median is generally around 97 atar with 75 LAT. You can always give LAT another go (if in yr12 now and did it in yr11) however note that it takes your most recent attempt. I only did LAT once when I applied for UNSW law.
For ANU law it says 97 ATAR (with adjustment points for acceptance.
selection is ok.
You can also apply for say Commerce at usyd/unsw then ipt into law, for unsw in this scenario, your lat score won’t apply. It’s generally easier this way as well.
percentile. ANU does have selection which might help, but UNSW no bonus points for this course. Thanks for your suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)