• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UAI, Alternatives (1 Viewer)

boris2003

HSC
What marks are taken in consideration when UAI is decided, after reading don't know how many articles about it, i have no idea how it works, how do the people who make your UAI, how do they do that, what marks do they count, help please.
Also, say I want to be get an UAI of 83-86, sicne I want to be a History Teacher. One thing if i do not get the desired UAI, if i get below 80, what are my alternatives, I have heard that tafe is, how many years would i need to go to tafe, what would i have to complete, so therefore i could go to Uni. And is it a bad reputation if you go to Tafe, instead of going to Uni first, Could I still finish the course for a teacher of History, if I go to Tafe first and then Uni, or not.
I need answers to all these questions, in simple words, please.
Thank you.
Cheers

Riviet

HSC
N/A
boris2003 said:
What marks are taken in consideration when UAI is decided, after reading don't know how many articles about it, i have no idea how it works, how do the people who make your UAI, how do they do that, what marks do they count, help please.
Your 10 best units are counted in the calculation of your UAI, 2 of them MUST come from the [compulsory] english course, whether it's standard or advanced.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
boris2003 said:
Also, say I want to be get an UAI of 83-86, sicne I want to be a History Teacher. One thing if i do not get the desired UAI, if i get below 80, what are my alternatives, I have heard that tafe is, how many years would i need to go to tafe, what would i have to complete, so therefore i could go to Uni. And is it a bad reputation if you go to Tafe, instead of going to Uni first, Could I still finish the course for a teacher of History, if I go to Tafe first and then Uni, or not.
I need answers to all these questions, in simple words, please.
Thank you.
Cheers
TAFE - you'd typically take a Diploma at TAFE which would last 2 years, and if you chose to apply for a university course in a similar area to the Diploma then its highly possibly you could start uni in the second year of your degree. Reputation is what you make of it, and while TAFE does get some flack its usually not from employers or universities, rather it has a bad reputation with HSC students. And yes you can still do your degree in teaching after doing TAFE.

If you have the patience, I'd really encourage you to read this:
http://community.boredofstudies.org...r-desired-university-degree/post-1592461.html
it has everything about alternative ways of getting into uni.

EDIT: omg, wongs - fast as lightning! Just a little bit frightening!
DOUBLE EDIT: or possibly I should like click the post button before moving on to next tab..um yeah

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)