UAI - applying for courses - questions!! (1 Viewer)

jaaaaay

HSC
I was just wondering... you know, before we get our UAIs, do we have to apply for what courses we want to do?
How will we know what kind of courses to apply for if we don't know what UAI we will get? o_O

Well... I heard, we apply first, then we can change it again later if our UAI doesn't meet the course we want to do... but does changing what course we want to do afterwards give us a disadvantage??

I'm sorry if I don't make sense ><"

I'm very confused, I'm getting all sorts of weird information!!

heh... hope someone answers me... ^^;;;
Thanks...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
you apply to UAC before your UAI comes out (the deadline for on-time applications is usually about the end of september). It doesn't matter what courses you apply for. You get up to nine preferences, meaning you can list up to nine courses in your UAC application, with the one you want to do most at #1, and your last preference at # 9, although you don't actually have to list all 9 if you dont have that many courses you want to do. At this stage your UAI is irrelevant because you don't have one yet.

From the time you apply until the deadline for preference changes (around the beginning of January) you can chop and change your preferences around as much as you like, regardless of what your UAI is or whether you even have one yet. You can change preferences both before and after you recieve your UAI, and no, it does not disadvantage you in any way. You're simply changing around the order of the courses you wish to apply for.

jaaaaay

HSC
oh thanx...!!

so, when you change the preference...
you can only swap??? you can't add/remove options??

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
jaaaaay said:
oh thanx...!!

so, when you change the preference...
you can only swap??? you can't add/remove options??
oh, whoopsie. :eek: Yes you can add/remove courses. It's really up to you, until the deadline.

jaaaaay

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
oh, whoopsie. :eek: Yes you can add/remove courses. It's really up to you, until the deadline.
thank you so much 4 that ^^;;;
cleared my confusion!!!!

and u answered so promptly!! thnx!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)