UAI Calculator (1 Viewer)

turkishkiz

HSC
yo yo mojo'z does any1 know how i can calculate my UAI? aparently theres some calculator thingy so maybe if someone can direct me on where 2 download it and how 2 use it itll be great. Plz people i need dis...Thanx a bunch

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
It's called SAM

SAM is at boredofstudies.org/community under one of the um headings. I cbf linking it to you properly because i hate turkish delights. Delights my ass :eek:

boris2003

HSC
wow, i didn't know my UAI would be this bad. I entered my subjects,
Ancient History: 67%, (that's because i missed one of my exams:( ),
Modern History: 60%
English Advanced;60%
Business Studies:62%
General Maths:20%
These are current results, most i only did 2 assessment tasks, apart from modern history, which in i only did one, these are current results. Anyway i entered my results and i got an UAI of 36.35, i am like what:mad1: , i know i did terrible at maths but still, so i entered my marks again, just fake marks, all of them were 75 each, for every single subject, and you would think that a person would get a UAI of 75, but it came as UAI of 67, whi is it like 8 less than what a person would think they would get, is it because of the subjects or what. Anyway i am aiming for a UAI of 50 to get in to la trobe university, do you think i could get that, in history i would usually get 80-90%, but i missed a half yearly and i got a 0 for it. In maths i will see if i will improve on tuesday, when i have a test, anyway i was wondering which of these subjects most contributes to UAI.
Cheers, could someone please provide me with an answer to these questions please

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
boris2003 said:
wow, i didn't know my UAI would be this bad. I entered my subjects,
Ancient History: 67%, (that's because i missed one of my exams:( ),
Modern History: 60%
English Advanced;60%
Business Studies:62%
General Maths:20%
These are current results, most i only did 2 assessment tasks, apart from modern history, which in i only did one, these are current results. Anyway i entered my results and i got an UAI of 36.35, i am like what:mad1: , i know i did terrible at maths but still, so i entered my marks again, just fake marks, all of them were 75 each, for every single subject, and you would think that a person would get a UAI of 75, but it came as UAI of 67, whi is it like 8 less than what a person would think they would get, is it because of the subjects or what. Anyway i am aiming for a UAI of 50 to get in to la trobe university, do you think i could get that, in history i would usually get 80-90%, but i missed a half yearly and i got a 0 for it. In maths i will see if i will improve on tuesday, when i have a test, anyway i was wondering which of these subjects most contributes to UAI.
Cheers, could someone please provide me with an answer to these questions please
UAI is a rank comparing you to the rest of the state not a % so it means your average 75s/band 4s would be pretty shit compared to alot of other people, hence UAI 67. HSC marks can be quite different to the number you get for the UAI.

Now for achieving that UAI. Simple answer: yes. The predicted UAI with your current marks is not going to be accurate and you have plenty of time to increase marks and ranks anyway. About subjects, they are all going to contribute to your UAI as you do 10 units, so don't worry about it.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
The only time ur UAI is similar to your marks is when u get over 80...
but that is only a very rough, rough estimate

just hav a play around with SAM-

michaeln36

HSC
DO NOT TAKE SAM TO SERIOUSLY.
you cannot just enter your school marks in, as they are usually not indicative of actual hsc marks, and then its just up to guesswork trying to come up with estimated HSC marks.

There is another one called J something (SOMEONE PROVIDE LINK PLZ) where it tells you what % in state each hsc mark corresponds to. So you can go ... well my school is about average in state, and im in bottom 40% of my school, therefore i find the hsc mark which corresponds to coming in the 60th percentile for that subject. If your school is above averaage / below average, try and adjust ur marks accordingly.

Better yet, find your ranking in your school for each subject, and try and find out from your teachers what hsc mark people of a similar rank got last year, then try typing those marks into the SAM (or jsam thingy).

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
a uai of 90 means ur in the top 16%, and the median (middle) UAI is about 68. So if your anywhere near average, you should easily be able to get above the 50 you need for ur course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)