UAI estimation please? (2 Viewers)

sunflower1990

HSC
From your past experiences ...what do you guys predict my UAI to be around ? I have really no idea, but I feel that I'm pressuring myself TOO hard, and it's only week 3 of the term! I see other people studying their butt off when I'm relaxing, and I wonder....am I even studying enough?
So if I could get a UAI estimation, then maybe I will know how much pressure to exert upon myself! I know it's just an estimation......but I just want to have an insight? Thanks :) Unless marked with hsc, this is my preliminary report... and I go to a school of ranking in the 80's!

advanced english
mark: 90%
hsc assess 1: 100%

maths 2u
mark: 86%
hsc assess 1: 95%

maths ext. 1
mark: 34/50
hsc assess 1: 73% <--------- about this lol. I'm not that condifent to walk into the HSC. I am considering dropping it this year. Should I? Any advice? I actually came first in the preliminary exam with 86%... from the whole maths ext. 1 course, but the assessment mark is accumulated =/

biology
mark: 84%
hsc assess 1: 100%

economics
mark: 91%
hsc assess 1: 90%

legal studies
mark: 93%
hsc assess 1: 93%

I don't know...I'm aiming for 90+, rephrasing, I mean, I'm satisifed with 90+ UAI.... I would like to do Commerce or Commerce/Economics at either Sydney Uni or UNSW ... Thanks guys :)

Evan11

HSC
keep your english marks high. if u get a band 6 in english with ur other results.... i dont wanna let u slack off (and all ppl who like to argue this is my personal opinion) ide say 90+ but keep assesments at a high standard (and maybe try to improve your biology rank, although tbh its not too bad but always aim higher). Thats the thing, just keep aiming higher.

williamc

HSC
95+ easy.

Push for commerce/law or eco/law at usyd if i were you.. so yer you could get a 99 + UAI from this position.

Singular eco or commerce degree (unless u major in accounting) is going to narrow your chances on finding a job upon grad. (unless you kill it)

keep it up.

williamc

HSC
Evan11 said:
keep your english marks high. if u get a band 6 in english with ur other results.... i dont wanna let u slack off (and all ppl who like to argue this is my personal opinion) ide say 90+ but keep assesments at a high standard (and maybe try to improve your biology rank, although tbh its not too bad but always aim higher). Thats the thing, just keep aiming higher.
if she keeps ranking first her english MARK is insignificant.

williamc

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
<30.

Predictions this far out are moronic at best.

Spend time studying instead of interneting.
no.

life is about balance.

internet yourself away darl.

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
Your aim should be to be ranked 1st in every subject. Until you get that, don't worry about UAI predictions.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
DONT DROP 3u MATHS.

My assesment mark wasnt too good (42/50)
I was ranked first.
Final mark 49/50 :)

kevinant

HSC
If you get rank #1 in almost everything like I did, your school assesment mark wouldn't even count, your assesment mark=exam mark=HSC mark

so It would be hard to predict atm , at least wait until half yearly, if your exam paper is directly out of past HSC paper like our school dom, then an more accurate prediction can be made.

BY the WAY, DO NOT DROP 3U MATHS!!! IT scales high and your mark is still OK. someone told me he's get band 4 with his 70s mark, i told him he'll get band 6, and he did.

williamc

HSC
Without Wings said:
Not exactly - her mark is indicative of how she is going - if her mark increases then obviously she has improved, which will most likely lead to a higher HSC mark in the end...So even if she is first and gets her own mark for assessment as well as HSC if her ability has improved in the subject then that mark is likely to be higher
Her mark are indicative of how she is going yes, but noone here knows the standard of her schools marking. Marks at the top range might fluctuate due to a different teacher marking a different essay. happened at my school where certain teachers had different standards and marking to a different level, which proved to eff the whole rankign system up.

So what if she is improving marks wise throughout the year, it will not count for anything. She could choke in the HSC exam, people are very nervous for the first english exams if you don''t remember anymore.

In all, her mark will not effect her internal hsc mark.

k. :argue:

Evan11

HSC
williamc said:
if she keeps ranking first her english MARK is insignificant.
OMG really??? Coz i fully didnt know that. But how can she keep her ranking? By keeping her marks high? Ya

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)