UAI help!!! (1 Viewer)

punk

BADBRAINS [KyleValentine]
HSC
i need help calculating my uai. my friends have all told me different things about what uai im going to get.

at the beggining of the year my marks were pretty low, now im starting to pick up a bit but i feel its too late. i've gone from a 60% to a 80%.

if i did really well in my hsc is it possible to get a 80+ uai?
my subjects are: economics, business, general maths, general english, and legal studies..

also my parents recently got divorced and my friend told me i can get extra uai points because of this. is this true and does anyone know how?

thankyou very much

:chainsaw:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Think you can get into Uni thru Educational Access Schemes, under Family Distruption..

Dunno about extra UAI points though..

For the UAI, I'm not sure.. maybe ask under the UAI/HSC marks forum? But If you do really well, there's no reason why you can't get 80+ :)

SoFTuaRiaL

the uai points depends on which uni u go to ... i know unsw gives a max of 5 uai points. different univs offer diff amounts

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
your going to have a really hard time coz you do business, gen maths and stnd english..
some uni's give bonus points to people who live within a defined postcode boundary, look into that.
also try the principals recommendation scheme
and other alternative entry methods

if u apply for an eas=educational acess scheme and there are many different criteria's to it and im sure that ur sitiuation is eligible for application and should u be succesful the university may consider entry in to the course if ur uai is a bit of that required
but dont ever think that if ur eas is succesful and ur uai is 70 and ur course is 80 that u would get in there is a very slim chance it is only up to about 5 uai points

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Depends what Uni you go to, I know (UWS I think) that some Uni's just say as long as you achive a UAI of 60+, and prove that you can achive in Uni (recomendations, previous marks ect) that they'll let you in :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)