• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UAI Q's (1 Viewer)

danilion_22

HSC
If you drop a subject in year 11 is it true that your UAI will be much lower than if you had kept the subject?

AlsoI was thinking about dropping business studies, but if i keep it and i do bad in it what will happen to my UAI, am i better off dropping it all together?

klaw

HSC
best 2 units of english + best 8 units are counted for your UAI, so it isn't true that your UAI will necessarily be much lower than if you had kept the subject.

If you keep business studies and do worse in it than your other subjects and you have 12 units or more total, then it would not be counted in your UAI.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
These questions are dependant on how many units you're doing. It's your best units that are counted - the best two of English and the best 8 of everything else. If you only keep 10 units, then everything will be counted, which means that if you stuff up one subject, your UAI will be lower as a result. If the subject you're dropping is clearly your worst, then it will have no adverse affect on your UAI as it wouldn't have been in your top 10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)