• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Uai Scores (1 Viewer)

bellabronson

HSC
Hey
I Have Heard That Being Yr 12 School Captain Or Sporting Athletes Or Bereavent Gets You Auto Extra Uai

Anyone Know Much About Extra Uai....whats It All About...or Is It Just Fiction
Bella:)

morganforrest

HSC
Maybe for particular scholarships or if you're applying for ACCESS but I certainly havent been notified that I'll be getting any...if only!!!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I don't think being school captain gets you extra uai points. I've never heard of this ever happening.

marco9905

HSC
Not all uni's do it but some have an elite athlete scheme, in which you have to complete a form showing the performances at a state and/or national level. This includes comments from your coach and teacher to show how your studies have been impacted, due to your participation in a high level of sport. If you are successful in your application for the elite athlete scheme you will get an extra 5 uai points.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Being a captain will in no way affect your UAI.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
bellabronson said:
What About If You Are Seeing A Psch With Stress/anxiety Issues!
That would only work if its seriously affecting your ability to do well i.e your marks are horrible - failing etc. If you say you're suffering from stress (which just about every HSC student feels at one stage or another) you'd have to apply for a misadventure appeal and you'd also have to make a lot of visits to your counsellor.

A few girls in my year tried applying for misadventure with stress/anxiety/depression issues - BOS said it would not approve as a lot of people go through this in year 12. The "im stressed" reason is a fail for misadventure.

I suggest you just study and do your best. They dont give many extra points out anyway.

marco9905

HSC
No idea, i only know about the elite athlete scheme because i am applying for it at a few uni's. Try looking at the uni's websites that you are going to and see if they have any schemes that have to do with the issue you are facing.

bellabronson

HSC
tanjin said:
That would only work if its seriously affecting your ability to do well i.e your marks are horrible - failing etc. If you say you're suffering from stress (which just about every HSC student feels at one stage or another) you'd have to apply for a misadventure appeal and you'd also have to make a lot of visits to your counsellor.

A few girls in my year tried applying for misadventure with stress/anxiety/depression issues - BOS said it would not approve as a lot of people go through this in year 12. The "im stressed" reason is a fail for misadventure.

I suggest you just study and do your best. They dont give many extra points out anyway.
Yeah you here so much n0nsense, somtimes its hard to know what is bull and what is real....
well i stary year 12 in 2 days....wish me well

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
LOL
GOOD LUCK :D

Unlike me, if you study consistently throughout the coming year, you will be fine.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
bellabronson said:
What About If You Are Seeing A Psch With Stress/anxiety Issues!
if it is a serious psychological issue, which I'm sure your psych could vouch for, apply for EAS.

vizman

HSC
it's a bit late now isn't it? i thought they closed a few weeks ago?

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
we had a BOS woman come and lecture us about 500 times between yr 10 and 12 and she told us over and over again that being a school captain / good at sport etc will in no way affect the UAI you get , you WILL NOT GET EXTRA POINTS
though yeah you could use it to apply for scholarships etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)