• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UMAT testing (1 Viewer)

kiara

hmmm...I don't know if this relates to the HSC but anywho, I was just wondering who's doing it and if they are any good at non-verbal reasoning, cause that is my biggest downfall...

I know it all relates to ordered thinking etc. but how is finding similarities in shapes that are so different that I need a degree in philosophy, meant to help me help people!? Sure I agree to to verbal reasoning...that makes sense...but shapes...really!? maybe its just cause I can't do non-verbal reasoning well...Any comments/help???

monique66

i think i'm gonna do it. Don't actually want to do medicine...just keeping my options open. Other than that, i know nothing :p

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
kiara said:
hmmm...I don't know if this relates to the HSC but anywho, I was just wondering who's doing it and if they are any good at non-verbal reasoning, cause that is my biggest downfall...

I know it all relates to ordered thinking etc. but how is finding similarities in shapes that are so different that I need a degree in philosophy, meant to help me help people!? Sure I agree to to verbal reasoning...that makes sense...but shapes...really!? maybe its just cause I can't do non-verbal reasoning well...Any comments/help???
I *might* be doing it...though I don't actually have much interest atm in becoming a doctor, it would just be good to keep my options open.

I think the non-verbal reasoning is meant to relate to how adaptive a thinker you are - whether or not you can cope with an unorthodox situation. That said, I dont think it does this particularly well, the GAMSATs structure seems more relevant IMO.

ishq

brown?
HSC
The non-verbal reasoning section, in particular the maze in which you need to find the shape, "apparently" relates to being able to find the wanted organ in the body, with so many other distractions present. (i.e pools of blood and sharp pointy objects). It favours right-brained people.

:D

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
ishq said:
The non-verbal reasoning section, in particular the maze in which you need to find the shape, "apparently" relates to being able to find the wanted organ in the body, with so many other distractions present. (i.e pools of blood and sharp pointy objects). It favours right-brained people.

:D
that sounds like dallas' bullshit :p

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
just finished the dallas course today. Did anyone else on here go?

He was alrite, but the thing was that he spent about 80% of the time over the two days on the interview, and we barely spent time on the actual UMAT exam, especially section 1. That was a bummer. I mean, u gotta get throught the UMAT first....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)