UMAT training (1 Viewer)

eggwah123

HSC
N/A
When do you start your UMAT training? esp those who get into Medicine.

I have a friend who has to travel to Adelaide for Med School. He couldn't get in UNSW or UWS because his UMAT is not that good.

He told me that one should start UMAT training early. You just don't have enough time to prepare Uamt when you are concentrating on HSC.

Anyone start UMAT in year 10?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
There really is no point in starting UMAT training that early. You are not allowed to do the UMAT exam until the year that you're leaving school.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
There really is no point in starting UMAT training that early. You are not allowed to do the UMAT exam until the year that you're leaving school.
+1

UMAT training isn't that great anyway.

It does give you an idea of what to expect and let you be in the speed reading mood lols.
For section 3, training is pretty effective though.

I recommend using only section 3 practice materials (I don't know how to get this though, except buying illegally/buying the whole package and wasting money) and UMAT official practice materials (this for all sections).
Developing fast reading habit would also help.

Now, to the point, to do these, you will need about 1-2 months of training at maximum.

Kamal15

HSC
+1

UMAT training isn't that great anyway.

It does give you an idea of what to expect and let you be in the speed reading mood lols.
For section 3, training is pretty effective though.

I recommend using only section 3 practice materials (I don't know how to get this though, except buying illegally/buying the whole package and wasting money) and UMAT official practice materials (this for all sections).
Developing fast reading habit would also help.

Now, to the point, to do these, you will need about 1-2 months of training at maximum.
completey agree with u study freak (listen to him he aced umat)

i on the other hand found the training utterly useless (purely in hindsight)
at time i felt like i was acing the stuff, and at others i was like OMG im not gonna get anywhere

it does however make u familair with the questions which can be a distinct advantage

in the end i got about 83rd percentile

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)