umm just a bit curious (1 Viewer)

Roomby

HSC
hey guys...just wanted to know...u know when studying the texts for english...many people do reflection journals or like reading logs and stuff...what sort of information do u put in them..like what work do u do for it??

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
hmm people would only do them I assume if it was for assessment I have certainly never done them. Check the resources for examples.

But basically what you have learned, quotes, facts and your thoughts and ideas so far on the text. These of course will expand with each entry and show your teacher the path you folow to get to your views on your texts and the final product.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Roomby said:
hey guys...just wanted to know...u know when studying the texts for english...many people do reflection journals or like reading logs and stuff...what sort of information do u put in them..like what work do u do for it??
Reflection journals are there so we as students can record our own reactions, attitudes, thoughts and so on about what is being learnt, so in a way, it is quite similar to that of a diary.

The syllabus says it's to help us "evaluate our own development in certain skills and to observe any patterns in the way we learn and how our ideas are evolving".

It's like when we finished learning Othello last year, we wrote in our journals regarding our feelings after finishing Othello and whether we believed in fate and destiny. I forget why fate/ destiny had anything to do with O but whatever, reflection journals aren't particularly important, I don't think.

Also, my class was given some sheets and pointers as to what to write in the journals, if you'd like, I can send them off to you.

Roomby

HSC
ooo thanks for that...umm nah u dont need to send that stuff...it seems weird and useless...writing a reflection journal...but thanks again

Sofstar

HSC
I like reflection journals, better than doing question sheets.

Reading log entry? depends what the teacher wants. For english ext.1 these holidays we had to read, do a quick summary of the book and answers some questions the teacher gave us for each book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)