undergraduate BSc. Geography HELP (1 Viewer)

nabr08

HSC
Hey all,

im going to be an undergraduate at UNSW this year and I will be doing the BSc. and I want to major in Geography.

In the enrollment booklet and in the online handbook it suggests that I should take BIOS1301 and GEOS1701. Should I just stick to these or enroll in another class? I was wondering if MATH1031 is a good choice because in S2 I have to do MATH1041 anyways and I guess it wont hurt.

Any advice from those who have done this?

thanks in advanced

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Definitely follow the study plan and do what they recommend you to do, in case you need them for pre-requisites in 2nd and 3rd year.

deadfishlol

HSC
N/A
GEOS1701 is a prereq for a lot of 2nd/3rd year GEOS subjects, so it's pretty much a must for Geography majors. BIOS1301 is a new course, and isn't a prereq for anything IIRC, but it does give you an introduction to a lot of environmental science topics. Personally I didn't like the course that much.

For a geography major I would recommend you do MATH1041 in 2nd semester as it would help in 2nd year. BEES2041 is compulsory for most BEES majors, and has MATH1041 listed as assumed knowledge.

Anyhow, it's always recommended you follow their study plans :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)