• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Undergraduate Enrolment Sem 1 2009 (1 Viewer)

wesleyc38

HSC
If I'm a new student for Macquarie. Do I do my enrolment online? Do I have to be at the Uni for the day of enrolment?
For orientation, Is it complusory to attend? What if I don't attend, will I be able to enrol in the Uni? Please help
Thanks

zeromq

HSC
N/A
YOu should receive form which state that you have to go to the uni on a certain day in feb to enrol. Which basically is just handing in your "proposed timetable" sheet to get it signed by an advisor then handed in to one of the staff on the day.

Those staff will then input your details into the database and you will be able to enrol in units and all that online into estudent

Orientation I don't think is compulsory, from what I remember it's just a meet and greet day with other students

peter2

Banned
HSC
Enrolment day at Mac Uni is the absolute worst. I remember everyone was sooo confused on what to do and such. I transferred to Mac so literally it took me 5 hours just so I could enrol. I wasn't the only person who took 5 hours. Just the exemptions took like 30 mins per subject. Unreal

wesleyc38

HSC
so do i have to be in Australia for the enrolment day? coz I'm abroad for that day. Can I do the enrolments online myself?

X

xeuyrawp

wesleyc38 said:
so do i have to be in Australia for the enrolment day? coz I'm abroad for that day. Can I do the enrolments online myself?
Bleh, see the MQ site.

Basically, if you can't be at enrolment, you can elect a proxy to do it for you after you accept your offer. However this is not preferable as you don't get face-to-face time with an academic advisor.

peter2 said:
Enrolment day at Mac Uni is the absolute worst. I remember everyone was sooo confused on what to do and such. I transferred to Mac so literally it took me 5 hours just so I could enrol. I wasn't the only person who took 5 hours. Just the exemptions took like 30 mins per subject. Unreal
Yes it is. Enrolment is worse than any other uni that I know of... Things just get tacked onto it and the list of things to do gets longer, while the tasks themselves don't get any shorter.

I would suggest complaining to both the PR department (who should be concerned that you are giving the uni a bad name) and Undergraduate Coursework (who should be concerned that students are being screwed around)

Last edited by a moderator:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rofl, enrolments *shudder*...oh crap I gotta do one this year Rob :(

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Credit for Previous Study enrolment is worse. I remember the law academic advisor just decided she was sick of talking to people and went to have lunch in her room without leaving a replacement so there was no one to help law students. No one could tell me about sorting out my program of study and I ende up sorting it out myself and I was only confirmed I did it right when I got approval to graduate my arts degree!

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Enrolment is worse than any other uni that I know of... Things just get tacked onto it and the list of things to do gets longer, while the tasks themselves don't get any shorter.
damn. Looks like ill be at uni a couple of hours that day then

zeromq

HSC
N/A
Pwnage101 said:
Just go early at around 10am, last time I went I just went to hand in the proposed timetable and get my approval of 14cp> from the advisors in the room and then I was done. It took around 10 mins

X

xeuyrawp

Pwnage101 said:
Not if you plan ahead.

Basically when you get your proposed program form, fill as much out as possible. If you don't know what subjects to do, look at the handbook. If you can't figure it out, try to work backwards. If you're then stuck, post up here and someone will tell you.

If you have that done (which includes a timetable - and godammit, just use the grid timetable), you should be sweet.

kevinant

HSC
For some weirdo reason, Macquarie is different from other unis.
You must enrol on site, you can't just do it on the website. But you can ask a proxy to do that for you as long as they have your ID.
And also note for O-week, class is running along with the O-week and it only goes for 3 days rather than 5 days.

wesleyc38

HSC
how to get my ID?. For some reason I can't be back to Sydney at the enrolment day. How do I get a proxy to do it for me?

zeromq

HSC
N/A
ID has your photo on it, you can get it when you start uni by showing proof of enrolment in the university

X

xeuyrawp

wesleyc38 said:
how to get my ID?. For some reason I can't be back to Sydney at the enrolment day. How do I get a proxy to do it for me?
You have to accept your offer first, then there are details for proxy or late enrolment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)