• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Understanding Degree Combos (1 Viewer)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Quick Question- If u were to do a Bachelor of Mathematics and Finance but also wanted to learn Japanese or do another commerce major/minor can u do that?

Would that be way too much work??

For example say u wanted to do a BMathFin/ Bachelor Arts (Japenese) or a BMathFin/ commerce major for instance accounting.

Im not real sure on this stuff...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
You can't just randomly pull in a degree with another degree. Look through an UAC guide to see the type of combos they offer.

However, degrees might let you have a bit of free choice and you might be able to take some Arts subjects (such as Japanese) to forfil your degree. But this depends on what degree you take. For example, my Music degree offers 15 free choice credit points on anything, provided they don't have prerequisites and I get permission from both faculties. So I'm doing an Architecture unit next semester.

HSC
you can't do BMathFin with anything else unless you want to do it the long way (i.e. finish BMathFin and then start again).

if you're interested you can do commerce/arts where you can major in finance and japanese but you will have to do without the maths side.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)