Understanding Outcomes Grid on Assessments? (1 Viewer)

samopperman11

HSC
Hi all,
so I am currently completing my Module C essay on Ted Hughes, though my question is open for answers from anyone. I am just struggling a bit to understand, as I usually do, how exactly I show the outcomes specified. In this case, they are:

2a. A student recognizes different ways in which particular texts are valued.
4. A student explains and analyses the ways in which language forms and features, and structures of texts shape meaning and influence responses.
5. A student explains and evaluates the effects of textual forms, technologies and their media of production on meaning.
8. A student articulates and represents own ideas in critical, interpretive and imaginative texts from a range of perspectives.
12. Reflects on own processes of responding and composing.
13. A student reflects on own processes of learning.

If anyone could just give me a basic explanation of how I'd show all of these outcomes in an essay, I would be so so so SO grateful! Thank you!!

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Hum just very generally what you could do (what I would do/have done):

2a. Acknowledge that there are multiple reasons why the text is meaningful - e.g. Hughes appeals to a variety of audiences (including himself)

4. This is pretty self explanatory. When discussing the techniques you have to discuss ALL these elements - the form, features, structure - and how they shape meaning and influence responses, for instance how does Hughes use poetry to appeal to his audiences, what does it show about him, how it influences the audience

5. Explain/evaluate the effects of the form, technologies and media of production - e.g. what is the effect of poetry (why poetry not prose?), why in print (vs. film)

8. You have to have your own voice, not just be discussing critics' ideas, etc. Have your own kind of opinion, e.g. if you wanted to cast Hughes in a negative light, "Hughes vilifies Plath...". Also discuss a variety of perspectives, e.g. "Although it may be argued that..."

12. Show how you respond to the text itself. You don't have to use first person (you can if you like). Just use 'the reader', e.g. "Hughes provokes the reader..."

13. If you wanted to be pro you could imply like increased understanding/awareness of Hughes' personality or ideas through each poem you analyse. So tying in ideas from the second poem with the first one, etc. - showing how you are learning more about Hughes' personal life, what he's really like, "through the combination of these poems, Hughes exposes his X nature..."

samopperman11

HSC
Thanks so much! This has really helped, it is always good to get opinions from other students/teachers :) thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)