Unexpected results? (1 Viewer)

HSC
....how do you get a clerical check done? I would consider one for myenglish..

I really thought I'd done well, loved all the questions, and my teacher had predicted a band 6 for me.. (adv english btw)

and I got 77? wtf?

with all my other results I was pleasantly surprised though :spin:

le-foot

HSC
aussiechick007 said:

and I got 77? wtf?

with all my other results I was pleasantly surprised though :spin:
Same here for standard. My teachers thought I'd hit mid 80s, and I got 73.

Also

I STILL topped the school with that. WTF is going on I don't know. If I stuffed up, how on earth did everyone else?

hjp.

HSC
i was shocked in a different way.

i thought i did terrible in english extension one, i would have been happy with 36/50.

i got 46.

weird.

i thought PDHPE would be my best result, and it wans't, which was shocking.

Lumbargo

HSC
I got a 48/50 for my English Extension Two major work.

WHAT THE FLUFF

I thought it was a hideous terrible story that I pretty much pulled out of whole cloth in the last couple of days.

(Un)Fortunately my Assessment mark was 34 so I got pulled down pretty harshly there.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Kiim2507 said:
Business
Thought for sure I would get >80
79 :(

SAME.
Im getting a re-mark.
I got 83, my assessment mark at school was 92.
I swear i got at least 87 in the exam.

:\

62anoiF

HSC
I thought I totally stuffed up the food tech exam because I thought of so much more to write when I walked out of the room.
In the end I got 91 as the exam mark but my assessment mark pulled me down so I didn't end up getting a band 6 =/ But I was still so stoked about the 91...highest food tech mark ever!!

Kiim2507

HSC
risole91 said:
SAME.
Im getting a re-mark.
I got 83, my assessment mark at school was 92.
I swear i got at least 87 in the exam.

:\
Can a mark be moderated down?

I got 65 in Trials for Business and beat my friend by about 15 marks (Hard marking; 65 was a top 10-12 mark)
Then for HSC I studied for 3 weeks for business and she studied for 3 days
The day before I was quizzing her and I knew more then she did
And we both ended up getting 79

I'm so cut :(

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
pretty much my expectations for society and modern swapped.

modern trial mark was 95/100. close to my best subject all year. so i thought i'd hit maybe 92-93 for modern, got 84. must have really fucked the exam!!

for society, my worst subject all year, the only time i put in any decent study time was about 4 days prior to the exam, and ended up with 92 when i was expecting about 84-86 if lucky. plus i'd been told to prepare myself for a band 4 in society. my pip must have been much better than i thought it was!

also history ext was a massive surprise. expected about 38, got 46!

riotgurl182

HSC
my UAI was 67..
i do all practical subjects apart from english
and i got three band 5's and two 4's

so 67 is good considereing i did all the scale down subjects lol

HSC
Kiim2507 said:
Can a mark be moderated down?
I was thinking the same think due to a few different factors including my non-ranking school and dumb teacher thinking if he marked every1 really leanient in bio they would all get awesome marks, fuckin numbnuts.

Anyway, i walked out of bio having known everything that i wrote about really well and in my trail (which had marking guildlines so it was a bit more reliable) i got 91. I was quitely confident that i got a band 6 and i ended up with 87 which was honestly a slight disappointment.

On the flip side i new after the exam i had definately fucked up some physics questions but i still felt i did ok so i resigned to a band 4 and i got 82...

I might ring up and if out excaltly how the moderation is done...

Have a good christmas,

Cheers.

Jefferso

HSC
Same,
i expected 3 band 6's in Ancient History, Art, and music.. but i was heaps bummed when i saw i got 89 for all of em..

I was also bummed at my music assessment scaling, 96 down to 89 :(

wLym

HSC
I got unexpected results even after the results came out! I was like 87 for business yay! 67 for maths ext 2 EEFFFFF THATS POOR. Then got the letter and it said my business studies was not included in the UAI calculation. Its funny how ppl say u should try ur best in all ur units, cause u never know what will happen, and i guess it came true. You just cant pick and choose, cause in the end, u cant control the result, no matter what ur instincts tell u. mite as well giv it ur all in everything. BTW business studies was the exam i was most happy with, so its kinda wierd it turned out my worst.

~Fire Jade~

HSC
chewy123 said:
For some odd reason the more confident I am with a test the shitter the result, and vice versa.
Hahaha...That just freaking sums it all up for me as well. In the bio exam, I had a lot of time left, felt as if I did excellent...and yeah, received a dismal result...:burn:

No comment.

HSC
^ of course you can do whatever you like, HSC doesn't matter in the long run ... go to tafe and stuff and get into uni that way

Smeegen999

HSC
i wasn't too confident about the economics exam, but it ended up being my highest mark at 95. Thought I would do better in business (got 98 raw for trial, 96 in report), ended up getting 91.

mirann

HSC
trento654 said:
hi my UAI was below 40, do u think i'll ever be a doctor or lawyer, i wanna be one or the other, just didn't care for doing the HSC that well

seriously do any of you think it is now impossible for me yo have a medical or law degree by the time i'm30 or has this result just ruined my life
I'd say check out TAFE options first, or you could always repeat? No shame in that. Do it through TAFE.

HSC
Dont forget about those wanker marks in HSC section. They did it to my biology aswell!

wLym

HSC
The whole duration of year 12 was an unexpected result:burn:

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
Peteage said:
I am considering one, if I do it and my mark was lower then does my mark go down?
soz for very late reply, but I read on a BOS thread that it's impossible for your mark to go down if you do a clerical recheck. i would ring them up, but im pretty sure that if you thought your mark was crap for what you did as it was, it probably won't get any worse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)