• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Uni and hsc (1 Viewer)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
I want to do med at uni, but if i dont make it, can i do say a science degree at unsw and repeat a hsc subject at the same time, the reapply for med with my new and hopefully improved UAI? Do i need to go to tafe or can i just do it by 'self tution' and then just sit the hsc?

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
The answer is yes.:)
We have some students doing HSC courses and uni at the same time in my TAFE math class. If you think you are capable of doing the course again without guidance then there is OTEN or Sydney Distance Education. There is also studying *completely* on your own but I don't know the mechanics or technicalities of that, sorry.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeh i read up about self tuition (crashoveride posted a lot on this), and it says you can get a UAI but not a hsc record of achievement. Do you need the latter to get into uni? Cos if i was doing a maths or science subject again i wouldn't bother going to tafe, cos some of the course content would overlap with uni, and i find i work better straight out of a textbook.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Well since it would already be a course on your HSC testamur, I'm guessing that you wouldn't get your HSC results updated but your UAI would be recalculated and then averaged with GPA to give you a Non Recent School Leavers Index...

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Well, you would have the subject anyway from this years attempt and knowledge you gain from uni would more than compensate for any assumed knowledge for any med courses and that is the only thing apart from UAI that is significant in your situation.(to my knowledge)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)