• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

uni choice & uni preference (please help) (1 Viewer)

soo jae

HSC
I'm not sure which course to choose.
I think I'm sort of interested in law and commerce, but I'm sure that I'm more interested in commerce than law. I also like learning languages, e.g. i attend Spanish classess at the moment in Korea, however, my english isn' t really good as i've been to australia for only 2 years.
My future goal will be something to do with governemnt, eventually, but I think I would like to build aid organisation, etc to help others first, i.e. I need lots of money.
Since my UAI is just mid 98s, I have to pay full fee to do commerce/law at unsw or usyd, but my parents are happy to support me financially.
But, the thing is that I'm really not sure which course will provide me the highest level of income and the ability to eventually build successful business institution as early as possible.

My preferences include: 1. commerce/law (usyd) 2. commerce/law (unsw) 3. commerce (international) (unsw) 4. actuarial studies/law (anu) 5. commerce (liberal studies) (usyd)

I really don't mind going all the way down to canberra anyways, since i have no home in sydney. (my parents live in korea) and I already applied for colleges in anu, unsw, usyd, melbourne, monash.

If you have any sort of idea to assist me, please do write something down for me. Thanks.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
going to a sydney university is not essential. i think anu would be the best pick out of those.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I can attest to the good quality of ANU's law faculty. While the quality of the degree at the ANU is just as good as the Sydney universities, if you're particularly keen to study in Sydney a transfer into combined law at either Sydney or NSW would be easy to achieve with your UAI and a credit average.

One thing though, if you want to come down here and live on campus sort out your residential preferences NOW. Applications close on 17/1/2006. You can apply online here: http://uas.anu.edu.au/UAS/199.html. If you want to know anything specific about Canberra, the residental colleges and etc either drop by the ANU forums or send me a PM :)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
I am also worrying about my english skills while doing a Law degree, so I am scared I will drop out half way through. Since my UAI is similar to yours, I am also considering ANU.

Goodluck!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
mitsui said:
I am also worrying about my english skills while doing a Law degree, so I am scared I will drop out half way through. Since my UAI is similar to yours, I am also considering ANU.

Goodluck!
The only people who really struggle are international students and I know a few of them who are doing extremely well regardless. I wouldn't worry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)