• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UNI choice What to do? (1 Viewer)

drake_skywing

HSC
I'm Doing my HSC this year and i'm having issues with my choice of university to apply to, i want to go to University of Wollongong though i live in the western suburbs near ashcroft and its a long commute. I was thinking of moving out and trying to find a place, though the issue i have is with money, not exactly coming from a rich upper class the issue of money is a dear thing to me.

I have discussed this with my friends and have been given the suggestion of trying to get 5 friends together and we rent out a place under one name though the issue of not being mr popular either also plays into that.

I need help with this because UW has a materials engineering course i really want to apply to but the issue of distance is a big problem.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
ok first of all, this is the wrong place to put this thread.

secondly, i suggest you have a look through the uow forums and try and talk to a couple of the kids who are living on campus. there's a stickied thread in the uow general discussion forum about on campus accomodation.

thirdly, have you considered applying through centrelink for benefits etc? check out any financial assistance scholarships through the uni too.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Perhaps you should take a visit to UoW (if not already) and a few other unis on your mind. It could help out a great deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)