• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Uni + HSC at the same year? (1 Viewer)

Warrior Piggies

Just get into a course at Uni at the time being and apply for the HSC again next year by the title of "self-tuition" student.

Is that a good idea? o_O

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
But why the hell would u wanna go through the horror of doing both at the same time? I think your marks would suffer in both!

Smurfwow

Member Assistant
HSC
I dont see how.

unless you've forgoten important stuff you learnt during yr12, you should do at least as well in the exam the 2nd time round. and any study you do is just extra marks.
(self-tuition means you dont attend any classes or do any assessments, you just sit the hsc exam)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Smurfwow
I dont see how.

unless you've forgoten important stuff you learnt during yr12, you should do at least as well in the exam the 2nd time round. and any study you do is just extra marks.
(self-tuition means you dont attend any classes or do any assessments, you just sit the hsc exam)
So, you're telling me, if you were to resit the HSC exams tomorrow, you would get the same marks as you just got? Fraid that wouldn't be so, you've already forgotten things whether you like to admit it or not. The HSC requires constant study and revision. And I really don't see the point of doing the HSC again when ur in uni.....what purpose would it serve?

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
And I really don't see the point of doing the HSC again when ur in uni.....what purpose would it serve?
yeah, exactly. I presume the only reason someone would want to repeat the HSC is to get a better UAI to get into UNI...but if your already at UNI, why are you worrying? Or if you are hoping to get a better UAI to get into a different course, then you are kinda wasting your time getting a year into a different course if you plan to drop it anyway.

Smurfwow

Member Assistant
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
So, you're telling me, if you were to resit the HSC exams tomorrow, you would get the same marks as you just got? Fraid that wouldn't be so, you've already forgotten things whether you like to admit it or not. The HSC requires constant study and revision. And I really don't see the point of doing the HSC again when ur in uni.....what purpose would it serve?
well thats all void for me because i didn't do the HSC this year.

however, constant revision and study is what people getting good marks do.
if you were going to redo the hsc, it would (generally)be because you didnt get good marks. and matching your previous (poor)marks wouldnt be a problem for most people.

monzi

HSC
Is repeating a good Idea?? Like even if you've missed the first assessments, will the school let you redo them again?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Can you actually do University AND the HSC at the same time...?

rubylotus11

Can you actually go back and just do the HSC exams? I didn't know that. So do you have to enrol in any courses or do you just tell the BOS that you are going to sit them again in October and just show up?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
cant u just do well in uni and transfer to whatever you want to do? (im assuming thats the reason u want to do the hsc again in the first place.. or u have a strange thing for hanging out with the grade below you) .. rather than the pain/torture of doing both at the same time

lbft

Geek
HSC
You could always do the HSC through Open Training and Education Network, which is TAFE's distance education. You only have to physically attend a TAFE a couple of times a year. The only issue is the cost (it's $585 per year, unless you can claim an exemption like being on certain Centrelink benefits or something, in which case it's $35.)

I'm going to be doing Maths Extension 1 through them this year as well as uni. You'd be insane, however, to do more than a couple of units unless you're taking a reduced load at uni.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)