• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Uni Jumping (1 Viewer)

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
i know this guy who did economics at UWS for one year
then transfered to commerce at Macquarie and did that for one year
then transfered to commerce at UNSW and did that for one year
and then transfered to economics at Usyd and did the 3rd year of it and graduated with a B Economics from Usyd...

omg !!

PS: went to 4 unis in the duration of 4 years and graduate with a degree from the final uni !!! that is amazing !! i wanna do that too !! get a taste of all unis !!! hahaha

Last edited:

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Get a taste for all uni's while racking up a gigantic HECS bill. Going from UNSW to UWS cost me a nice $6K.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well that's coz Science and Policing have nothing/little to do with each other :p

At least that guy jumped between similar/same courses, so he could get subject exemptions.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Originally posted by jase-REX
Well that's coz Science and Policing have nothing/little to do with each other :p

At least that guy jumped between similar/same courses, so he could get subject exemptions.
OMG Jase just tell everyone my life story :(

Well, yes, but there's a risk taking aspect there .. Bit too weird for me.

Natstar, if you get credit transfers over then no not really.

Leanne

HSC
but y would u want to go uni jumping?? u make new friends one place, and get used to the environment, lecturers , etc..then change uni??? doesnt make sense to me!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Do the bulk of your degree at a second or third rate uni with no recognition, swap to ANU/UNSW/USYD for the final year and walk away with a degree worth something :p

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I intend transferring (unless I really really love the ppl and the uni) in 2nd or third year to either ANU or UTS

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ms 12
I intend transferring (unless I really really love the ppl and the uni) in 2nd or third year to either ANU or UTS
ANU apparently has a lounge for the Law students! See you there in 2005 :p

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I know Ive been there and had every intention of going there this year but changed prefs at last minute (personal reasons), ANU spoil their law students like nothing else!

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
fuck i should have gone to anu!!

transferring for us will cost more because HECS goes up (i think 30%) at the end of this year

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Not unless we vote Latham in :p

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Labor are the ones who brought free univeristy education in, in the first place...

Anyway, yeah, HECS... the system that Howard's trying to bring in is bad, the fees should be calculated from a central point and apply equally amongst all universities. That's plain fair.

Hecs is a good system though, economically and socially speaking, it keeps the national debt low (which would be very high if it didn't exist) and doesn't force people to pay it back at 8% interest 6 months after graduation (which is how US/Canadian student loans work).

Hecs has no interest besides being indexed...

Last edited:

Ribbon

Don't you have to complete at least 50% of the coursework at any one university to recieve a degree from that uni (well thats how it is an anu, anyway)? Wouldn't that mean if you transferred every year, you wouldn't have completed 50% of the courses at any uni and so although you completed the course no uni would give you a degree with thier name on it?

santaslayer

HSC
i thought u could only uni jump after the first year ? someone told me if u wanted to jump, u could only do it once at that was after the 2nd semester of the first year!

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
Do the bulk of your degree at a second or third rate uni with no recognition, swap to ANU/UNSW/USYD for the final year and walk away with a degree worth something :p
they shouldnt allow that..
heh..cos all us unsw law students are gonna try transfer to usyd law at the end of the 4th year ;)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I found these postcards from the Greens at uni today. You tick the boxes and send it in. It adds your name to a petition for free uni. Not that anybody will care, but you know. No harm in trying eh. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)