Uni offers (1 Viewer)

mmw

HSC
Will you still get a offer from your fifth uac preference if you meet the guaranteed ATAR?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Essentially, your first preference is considered first, i.e prioritised based on the assumption that your first preference would normally be your dream course. If you are not made an offer for your first preference, then your second preference will be considered/prioritised. Similarly, if you are not made an offer for your second preference, then your third preference will be considered/prioritised, and so on. This means that, with respect to the fifth preference, if you are made an offer for your fourth preference (or higher), then you will not be considered in terms of your fifth preference since you have been made an offer for a higher preference (which generally implies a degree with higher importance to you), even if you met the guaranteed ATAR for your fifth preference. Consider the following example:

1636630295808.png

As you can see, an offer was received to a higher preference (in this case first preference). Consequently, the lower preferences were not considered.

I hope this helps! 😄

mmw

HSC
so does that mean to get an offer for my fifth preference I have to priorities it before the 20th January? And what if my first preference is for SRS can I still do that?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
so does that means to get an offer for my fifth preference I have to priorities it before the 20th January? And what if my first preference is for SRS can I still do that?
On 26 January 2022, the following will occur:
  • January Round 2 offers will be released. Those are the first offers made to students based on ATAR and IB scores.
  • SRS: Conditional offers converted to unconditional offers.
Since your first preference is for SRS, you may be able to keep it as your first preference until you secure your offer for that course (meaning conditional → unconditional) on 26 January 2022, and then set your fifth preference as your first preference by 29 January 2022 in order to be eligible for a February Round 1 offer on 3 February 2022.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)