• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Uni Offers (1 Viewer)

ben_au69

HSC
hey i was just wondering

just say i have 5 preferences: A,B,C,D,E for my uni thing

and theyre ranked in order of UAI... like A the highest and E the lowest

and on my preferences sheet i go

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. D
5. E

if i get an offer for A, will i still get offeres of B, C, D and E?

cheers

mishka

HSC
N/A
ok,
firstly, you should rank your preferences in the order of which you want to do them. for example, you put

1. B
2. C
3. A
4. E
5. D

they may not be in UAI order, but you have put them in order of which course you WANT to do.

then say you get UAI of 80 and it is not high enough to get into your first preference, it will go on to the second preference, then third and so on until your UAI is high enough.

you only get one offer, so put the course you WANT to do first, rather than in UAI order.

omg_a

HSC
if u get an offer on A, that's it- you only get one offer (except possibly a fee paying and a hecs). you will get an offer for the first course inyour prefs that you have the uai for.

ben_au69

HSC
so i only get ONE offer from A?

thats gay... can i change my preferences around after that so i can do... say, C?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ben_au69 said:

thats gay... can i change my preferences around after that so i can do... say, C?
THATS why you need to rank them in order of preference, not in order of UAI cutoff.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
ben_au69 said:

Yes, you can still change your preferences for a while:).

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
if you change your prefs after you have recieved an offer for A, you then only get offerred a spot for B, or C, or D if there are spots left after the main round. So you'd have to accept A, and then hope to get a late round offer for B or C. You can change your prefs now, right up until late dec i think... not sure on that, but as has been said, put what you want to do first, dont go in order of UAI.

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
You will be given first round offers in multiple preferences. UAC will only publish the highest preference that has an acceptance.

So put the preference you want as your FIRST.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
another thing too is that UAI cutoffs change every year..so what you put down in order of last years cutoffs may not be the same order of cutoffs this year

Tabris

HSC
So...

1.A
2.B
3.C
4.D
5.E

Lets say, courses A-E, from hgihest UAI required to the lowest, if u dont make the cut for course A, they will look at course B, and if u dont make the cut, they will look at course C and if u did make it for course C, they will give u an offer right?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Tabris said:
So...

1.A
2.B
3.C
4.D
5.E

Lets say, courses A-E, from hgihest UAI required to the lowest, if u dont make the cut for course A, they will look at course B, and if u dont make the cut, they will look at course C and if u did make it for course C, they will give u an offer right?
in simplicity, yes

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Tabris said:
So...

1.A
2.B
3.C
4.D
5.E

i would expect so...

smallcattle

HSC
You can change your preferences until early Jan so why worry??

after you get your UAI, choose the course that is within your UAI and place it first

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)