• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Unis in Brisbane/Gold Coast area (1 Viewer)

DarkLadyRoxy

HSC
Ok, so I'm doing my little sister a favour and asking for info on some Unis in that area- ie, how good they are, what kind of residential colleges they have etc.
If anyone can throw me some info, I'd much appreciate it.:)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I like your avatar, brogan. Those are the trees which line the St. Lucia main campus of UQ.

Anyway, what does your sister want to do? UQ is the best in the southern hemisphere for biology. It's really good at IT (including Electrical), Aerospace and Robotics and Mathematics (especially applied). I know nothing about the arts side of it, though I haven't heard anything bad.

HSC
uq is pretty good, but it depends on what you want to do .. qut and griffith are better for some things.

tell her to steer clear of like the university of southern queensland and other similarly shit unis.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
more like reeked of piss and *insert yr friends room number here* or 409, the hotel room i stayed in a few weeks ago (that new myspace pic was taken inside 409!)

Trev

stix
HSC
UQ has better social life on campus at the colleges than any other campus colleges i've heard of in NSW and QLD, we have 10 colleges.
QUT isn't a bad uni, neither is Griffith. All the others in QLD are crappy. QUT is more of a creative arts uni, they have more emphasis on the practical side of learning / work experience than other uni's around but they don't have any colleges. Griffth uni at Nathan (main one in Brisbane) is a shathole, may be a good uni but it's pretty shit aesthetically and only has 3 colleges.

Umm... *shrugs* UQ has a lake in the middle of uni!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)