• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

University Mid-year offers (3 Viewers)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
As the document says "Results from first semester 2004 will generally not be available in time to be
considered as part of your 2004 mid-year application."
I guess its all UAI

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Yeah that's what I thought, but then it also says "Results must be received at UAC by Friday 11 June 2004 to be considered."

So that means basically we can decide whether to include our uni marks in the calculation or let them decide it by your year 12 UAI?

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
thanks ragie! :) yeah i only found out about this when i heard huy was planning to transfer.... but if it's all uai, then i dunno how big a chance i have o__O

HSC
N/A
I was advised by ppl at mq that the cutoffs for midyear applications generally increase up to 10 points higher!...not how true that is though cause it would mean a 90 course would increase to 100....lol!
But I think midyear applications are more competitive cause they're only offering positions in courses that didn't get fill....

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
There are no cut-offs issued for mid year admission. If you wish to find out if your qualifications will be competitive enough to be considered for an offer into the course of your choice, you need to contact the Admissions office of the university you wish to attend.

It is up to the university what they take into account.

You must indicate on either the web or hard copy application that you have made a full disclosure of all studies. It is then up to the university to which you have applied to decide what they wish to include.

HSC
N/A
I just said what the mq admin people told me....cause I emailed them asking if I have a chance of getting an offer and the person just said the cutoffs increase up to 10 points....in other words I think he/she was trying to say...good luck you can try!....

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
apologies in advance if the answer is really obvious, but... where do we get the application form? (form B)?

coz it says in the pdf file that it's included in the supplement but i can't find it...

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I guess you need to buy the actual UAC book for it.

I can't find that form within that pdf file either.

But why do you want to use the form?

Isn't it easier to apply by web? You can also later change your preferences without incurring any costs.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Is there any architectural courses at UTS or SYD, or do i have
to wait for next year if i wanted to apply?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Read the document and look at the list of courses available for mid-year transfers to see if the one you want is in it.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
Yeah that's what I thought, but then it also says "Results must be received at UAC by Friday 11 June 2004 to be considered."
That is so gay! Our exams don't even finish until 2 July 2004:mad:!

I just had a look at the list of courses available for 2004 Mid-Year applications and the University of Newcastle only has one course available so it doesn't matter for me:(.

For applications at the end of the year, do they definitely take 50% of your University marks into consideration for an internal transfer:)? Also, do you still have to apply through UAC for an internal transfer:confused:?

Last edited:

saves.the.day

HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
For applications at the end of the year, do they definitely take 50% of your University marks into consideration for an internal transfer:)? Also, do you still have to apply through UAC for an internal transfer:confused:?
I know that at UNSW they take 50% uni marks 50% UAI into account. I also know that other universities such as Uni Melb does the same as I e-mailed them and they said that if you want to make sure Uni marks are not taken into account you must have no tertiary record ie quit from uni before the first census date which was 31st March.

santaslayer

HSC
That would be a DUMB thing to do.....to quit uni just for trying your luck with transferring! :p

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by saves.the.day
I know that at UNSW they take 50% uni marks 50% UAI into account. I also know that other universities such as Uni Melb does the same as I e-mailed them and they said that if you want to make sure Uni marks are not taken into account you must have no tertiary record ie quit from uni before the first census date which was 31st March.
I want my University to take my University marks into consideration. I think I will just check with my University anyway:).

Originally posted by santaslayer
That would be a DUMB thing to do.....to quit uni just for trying your luck with transferring! :p
Not if you don't like your degree. You would be just waisting your time if you when there for a year:).

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
Not if you don't like your degree. You would be just waisting your time if you when there for a year:).
Yeah that is true. Remember, you are not getting this uni education for free. If you want to go to uni and not really care because you want to transfers away, not only are you chucking away lots of money, but that would mean your uni marks are also taken to account when you want to transfer, wheras if you defer it, your UAI is taken into consideration.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
thanks ragie! :) yeah i only found out about this when i heard huy was planning to transfer.... but if it's all uai, then i dunno how big a chance i have o__O
what course is huy doing n wat uni he go to?? also wat was his uai? i neva heard from that guy, after he mysterousely left BOS..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)