university (1 Viewer)

rubypinky:)

HSC
hi im just curious on how this university system work?
i know the basics of atar, scaling, internal mark, raw mark and stuff yet how does the process actually work.

I heard from people that I tell the highschool on where I wanna go with 3 places/ courses. in feb correct me if im wrong.

Then I get my atar and if i get into the 3 courses that's good but if i don't get in any of them, can I do a different course that's not my list ?! or if i don't make into the 3 places is that it?

Also if meet the gurantee atar on for example usyd website does that mean I will definitely get in? Also how big of a chance that the guranteed atar will change just curious so i know my atar goal for 2024.

One last question, the atar thats on univeristy pages is that atar i need to have, or the selection rank after atar is taken. Eg I get 92 but the gurantted atar is 95 but I was captain of my school so I get into that course.

thanks everyone.

dav53521

HSC
I heard from people that I tell the highschool on where I wanna go with 3 places/ courses. in feb correct me if im wrong.
So the usual way to apply is through UAC which is completely separate entity from your school and you get 5 preferences instead of 3 and you can change those preferences almost any time you want before and after ATAR release although they're usually locked a certain time before before offer rounds but UAC tells you when this happens.

Then I get my atar and if i get into the 3 courses that's good but if i don't get in any of them, can I do a different course that's not my list ?! or if i don't make into the 3 places is that it?
For UAC there are multiple offer rounds so usually for HSC leavers the main offer rounds is the one in DEC after the ATAR release and the ones in January and probably February. So if you don't get any of your preferences during one round you can then change your preferences for the next round and then see if you get an offer then.

goodcat911

HSC
So the usual way to apply is through UAC which is completely separate entity from your school and you get 5 preferences instead of 3 and you can change those preferences almost any time you want before and after ATAR release although they're usually locked a certain time before before offer rounds but UAC tells you when this happens.

For UAC there are multiple offer rounds so usually for HSC leavers the main offer rounds is the one in DEC after the ATAR release and the ones in January and probably February. So if you don't get any of your preferences during one round you can then change your preferences for the next round and then see if you get an offer then.
is the selection rank the only thing that determines the course that u make? For engineering/IT courses do they have interviews or look at anything else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)