• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UNSW Bcom or Bcom/arts (1 Viewer)

Accuracy

HSC
N/A
I want to study a language along with my commerce degree but i dont know which one to choose because the single degree allows you to major in a language and so does arts. Could someone suggest which one and How would one benefit over the other?

Last edited:

HSC
Uni Grad
Well do you want to do two languages? If you only want to do one then simply do B Commerce. If two, then comm/arts it is.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd challenge that and say that if you want to study a language, do you really want to do it at uni? Keep in mind languages at uni is ridiculously hard, and you can learn it through a variety of other means (e.g. online, TAFE, colleges, personal tutoring, etc). For most jobs, employers will not ask you for proof that you studied another language in which case a uni degree majoring in it probably won't be that meaningful- unless you're applying for a very language intensive job (e.g. translator) in which case it might be of much more importance.

IMO I'd do Arts if you actually plan on taking on some other random major which you can't study elsewhere (e.g. philosophy) but again keep in mind that your Arts marks will impact your WAM... and contrary to popular belief, it's actually quite hard to get good marks in Arts from what I've heard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)