UNSW Coop (1 Viewer)

K2Trappy

HSC
Does anyone know the usual like median atar for Actuary and commerce coop, the website says 96 for a minimum but considering the amount of ppl that apply I assume it would be much higher to have a realistic chance

akkirotru_24

HSC
Enter your respective degree on the ATAR PROFILES UNSW page and it'll give you all the info you're looking for (for some reason I can't attach links but this is what the page looks like)1721365033406.png
1721365051111.png

mvrcuriee

#1 SK
HSC
Does anyone know the usual like median atar for Actuary and commerce coop, the website says 96 for a minimum but considering the amount of ppl that apply I assume it would be much higher to have a realistic chance
i saw on TikTok someone who got into commerce co-op w 97.5 atar + interview process but they were initially on waitlist :)

K2Trappy

HSC
Would Commerce Co-op be more useful than BActl studies or is even doubling co-op commerce with actuarial worth it or would it be too much?

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
the minimum atar to be eligible for co-op is 96 (98 for actuarial tho).
that has nothing to do with if you'll get it or not tho. i know people who got 99.7+ who didn't get into co-op.
once you submit ur application, a small percentage of people get an interview. if youve secured an interview, they are pretty confident you will meet the atar requirements based on ur year 11 and 12 marks. to determine who actually gets it, its all based on the interview from there. for actuarial only around 1/8th of interview participants got scholarship, its all based on how many the companies want
so to answer the initial question, ur atar doesn't matter as long as its above the minimum requirement. some people will get 97 and get into co-op and others will get 99.95 and not get in

K2Trappy

HSC
the minimum atar to be eligible for co-op is 96 (98 for actuarial tho).
that has nothing to do with if you'll get it or not tho. i know people who got 99.7+ who didn't get into co-op.
once you submit ur application, a small percentage of people get an interview. if youve secured an interview, they are pretty confident you will meet the atar requirements based on ur year 11 and 12 marks. to determine who actually gets it, its all based on the interview from there. for actuarial only around 1/8th of interview participants got scholarship, its all based on how many the companies want
so to answer the initial question, ur atar doesn't matter as long as its above the minimum requirement. some people will get 97 and get into co-op and others will get 99.95 and not get in
Ye that makes sense thanks for that, but wouldn't they kinda like "predict' ur atar when they're narrowing down for interviews

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Ye that makes sense thanks for that, but wouldn't they kinda like "predict' ur atar when they're narrowing down for interviews
yeah when choosing people for interviews, from what i understand, they basically just remove everyone whose 'predicted' atar is under the threshold (96 for everything except actuary). if there are lots of candidates for specific course, they might eliminate people a bit above also. but as long as ur marks are good and ur predicted to get above 96, theres nothing stopping you (in terms of academics) from getting interview. from there, you need a good application with loads of co-curriculars etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)