UNSW external transfer from UWS (1 Viewer)

datisaacguy

HSC
Hi guys,

I was wondering what I need to transfer from UWS to UNSW in terms of marks, I have been getting a low distinction average in my Business course at UWS but I'm not sure if that is enough to get into NSW. My Atar was a bit lacking in year 12 only being 57.75 (hence UWS) does this effect my transfer application much? And finally do they ask for interviews or anything with a transfer?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So you did your HSC in 2011, which means you're first semester at UWS...

Well, from what I've read - external transfers are handled by UAC.

http://www.unsw.edu.au/future-students/domestic-undergraduate/how-apply-uac

Also:

Admissions to UNSW are based on academic merit, and you will need to apply through the University Admissions Centre (UAC). The application process is available online, including application deadlines, at http://www.unsw.edu.au/futureStudents/undergrad/sad/howtoapply.html Questions about that application process are best directed to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. They can be contacted at: ugadmis@unsw.edu.au

I'm not sure - but since you'd be first semester, I'd think they take ATAR into consideration? And you'd probably need to do a full year at UWS or so before only uni marks are used? Because you haven't even finished a subject yet if you're first semester in your course.

dizzlemizzle

HSC
I'd say get a distinction to be competitive. Although, UNSW wouldn't consider your uni results based on just a semester; You'd have to complete at least 0.75 of a year (6 subjects) or a full time year. They will then only look at whichever is higher (atar or uni results); therefore you wouldn't have to worry about your atar bringing you down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)