• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

unsw gateway/mysydney (1 Viewer)

kkk579

hello
HSC
I live in a low socioeconomic area (pretty sure its within bottom 25%) and also go to a school on the given list. How does the unsw gateway work? Do they look at your y11 reports or your y12 reports as well? Also do they look at the full report that your schools hand to you or only the nesa grades (like where it just says subject then grade letter). Btw im looking at commerce, maybe actuarial and idk what else at the moment. Also how competitive is it to get? Also what abt the usyd mysydney thing as well how does that work. My reference my first y11 report grades are:
Math ext 1: A
Math adv: A
Chem: A
Phys: A
Eco: A
Eng adv: B
Mod his: C

Thanks

Last edited:

Bianca288283939

HSC
gateway works on a personal statement by you and they look at your year 11 marks:)) a lot of people apply to it so yes it is competitive but i think you would get in, i dont think they look at your full report but maybe nesa and for usyd they code your address which is geocoding and find out if your under 25 percent but i dont think they check ur grades for usyd

kkk579

hello
HSC
gateway works on a personal statement by you and they look at your year 11 marks:)) a lot of people apply to it so yes it is competitive but i think you would get in, i dont think they look at your full report but maybe nesa and for usyd they code your address which is geocoding and find out if your under 25 percent but i dont think they check ur grades for usyd
Oh alr thank you, do you know what grades ppl got to get gateway for a respective course?

Bianca288283939

HSC
TBH im not sure but i know you dont need to get crazy good grades but maybe 70 or over is a good estimate??? like maybe b range but if you want a competitive course i think its different but for commerce i think as long if you just show you care about your grades in ur statement and get alright c range marks and over you'll will be alright

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)