• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Updates and Changes in the English Extension 2 forum (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

Hi all,

This is an announcement to let you know what will be going on in the English Extension 2 forums over the next couple of weeks, as well as to stop anyone from being overly alarmed by missing sticky threads, an apparent excess of closed or deleted threads, etc.

Lynn and I have decided to revamp this forum, due to a combination of factors including the BOS 2006 campaigns, the need to complete some of the things we have begun in here, a decline in the sense of community in the last couple of months, and the fact that a number of aspects of the forum could be more user friendly.

Some of the areas that we would like to revamp (or even introduce as something completely different), include:
  • A Major Works subforum. This subforum is where the English Extension 2 students each year can post their Major Works for all to see. Only moderators can post threads, although any user can reply to them. The main reason for restricted posting powers has been introduced for two reasons: the first being that it will avoid clutter and allow users to focus on the works of other students; and the second being that it allows the moderators a degree of control over when and where Major Works are posted in order to protect users from plagiarism and other issues (at this point, we are not allowing Major Works to be posted until after the submission date).
  • Updated and reviewed Assessment guides from myself, Lynn and any other user willing to contribute. We began this task weeks ago with our Proposal thread, and have decided that the sooner we can get the rest of the guides - Viva Voce and Report, as well as the Journal and Reflection Statement - up, the more help they will be to you guys.
  • Split threads. We have been noticing a lot of threads that cover a range of issues to do with Extension 2, and believe that if these threads were split and more focussed, the issues would receive the attention they should be getting.This will also help to stop the doubling up of posts and discussions, as well as making the forum more user-friendly.
  • Some other helpful guides and goodies for you lot. We can't give everything away - only the big ones.

Along with these official updates, we hope to create more of a community atmosphere, and hope to give you guys the best chance for English Extension 2 that we can.

Best wishes to the class of '06. I hope you enjoy the course. And to the class of '07 and beyond, I hope our contributions encourage you to seriously consider taking up the course.

We thank you for your patience, and apologise for any inconveniences caused during our transition period.

Justin (jhakka) and Lynn (glitterfairy)
English Extension 2 moderators

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jhakka

Re: Revamping Extension 2

I hope it'll be everything you dreamed of, and more. :)

J

jhakka

Glad you like what we've done so far.

Unfortunately things are a bit slow at the moment, update-wise. But Lynn and I have pretty serious uni (and other) commitments this semester. EE2 is on the "To do" list, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)