urgent advice needed (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
hey guys,

im kinda stressed out here... i do 3unit maths and i am currently averaging 55 (my schools test are fairly difficult, we have an accelerated class, and people who got 98 from that accelerateed class got 90% for our first topic test, i mean he didnt study, but still....)

anyhoo, i was just wondering if i could pull of 90's in my remaining tests? i dunt know much, i have some skills, i do four unit maths, im doing just fine in that *touchwood* averaging 84... but im concerned about my 3unit

could someone please advise how hard is a 90 in the hsc exam? that is, aligned... not scaled.. but aligned

thanks for ur time

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
i was just wondering if i could pull of 90's in my remaining tests?
sorry if i sound like a prick...

get off the site now and study...

wasting time wondering if you can do things... is wasted studying time... which could potentially reach that goal

nike33

haha ryan going on this site is studying some of the qns are harder than ones out of most the textbooks posted here

ND

HSC
If you are averaging 84% in 4u, then you obviously have the ability. Is it that you're not listening in class or something? You know how to fix this problem...

jimmik

HSC
dont stress too much n dont let it get u down, if u believe in urself n keep tryin so in the end u kno u gav it all u could. u can pull anything out of ur remaining exams, jus dont lose hope. i got a 50 for my 3 unit maths assessment cuz i handed it in late (long story) but then in four unit i surprisingly got 100 for my first assess so what u gotta do is keep goin, n ur hard work will b rewarded. i didnt realli answer much but this is my advice: dont overstress n overwork urself. goodluck!

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Originally posted by nike33
haha ryan going on this site is studying some of the qns are harder than ones out of most the textbooks posted here
yehh true.. but going on the site is also procrastinating a bit... if ur not looking at q's and only chatting away :p

or wondering about what mark youll get by making threads such as these :D

MML

GOD OF BOS
HSC
in my opinion, 3 u need alot more study then 4u. i mean 4u u can completely derive the equation from sctrach in the exams whereas in 3u, if u forget it, the best chance of getting it is pulling something out of ur ass. I mean 3u is just soo boring and tedious.

my advice, spend the total of ur maths time in the ratio of 3:1. then if u r struggling in 4u, haha, drop it, u r not the material for maths!

aditya

HSC
yes it is... and its not that easy either...

four unit is very interesting so i dunt mind studying for it, not to mention the prestige attached to it....

and shutup ryan :p make me feel like shit... thanks for nothing :p

i needed some confidence u tool :p *wheeps*

nah lol ur right, but i keep coming here to check up if anything really good has been posted and while im here, i just ask the questions that are bothering me.... meh

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by MML
in my opinion, 3 u need alot more study then 4u. i mean 4u u can completely derive the equation from sctrach in the exams whereas in 3u, if u forget it, the best chance of getting it is pulling something out of ur ass. I mean 3u is just soo boring and tedious.
i agree. i think 3 unit has too many rules and you cant bend them, unlike 4 unit maths.

aditya, you were like me last year. I accelerated in ext 1 and 2 and for ext 1 i was averaging like, 55%. Our tests werent hard, but really time consuming. I did better than i really thought in the end in terms of HSC marks and my end of year rank was 13/50. only because everyone else was failing and we had like 2 elite students who got at least 95% for all their assesments, but like 80% of the grade would fail their tests. I think you need to put yourself in context with the rest of the grade. not just one accelerant. I find that if your consistant with your marks, then you'll be near top. We had people getting 80 in one test then 35 in another, which dragged them down because their weightings increased as the course of the year progressed. my 2 cents :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)