• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

URGENT: Emma Help Required!!!! (1 Viewer)

skittles76

HSC
Anyone who can help me with the follwing question is an absolute champion and deserves a medal! I'm not too sure how to go about answering it, and I need it in a couple of days! Eek!

Question set: "Carefully describe how Emma's personality changes in the course of the story. Refer to specific parts of the book to support your view."

I know it seems kind of simple, but we each have to do a ten minute presenation to the class on our question, and I really don't know how to communicate what I see as the answer to this question.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
skittles76 said:
Anyone who can help me with the follwing question is an absolute champion and deserves a medal! I'm not too sure how to go about answering it, and I need it in a couple of days! Eek!

Question set: "Carefully describe how Emma's personality changes in the course of the story. Refer to specific parts of the book to support your view."

I know it seems kind of simple, but we each have to do a ten minute presenation to the class on our question, and I really don't know how to communicate what I see as the answer to this question.

PLEASE HELP!!!
emma is, essentially a novel of how emma moves from ignorance to awareness. at the beginning of the novel, we can see how she is most ignorant and definitely asserts herself as being well to do. (this is also asserted by austen herself in the opening chapter, even the opening sentence).

a further example of ignorance can be seen in her treating of harriet, in trying to get her to marry well beyond her class. (remember the class structure during this time was completely static.)

by the end of the novel emma changes and no longer appears to assert such authority over harriet. she accepts her marriage into her own class, and recognises her own naivety and stupidity (which we saw as responders previously in the book)

im sure you know this already, the basics of her personality aren't that difficult.
but, to sufficiently answer the3 question, you should be constantly referring to the context and values and attitudes of the book. class structure will be particularly important here.

if you ahev any more questions just post them up, email me, pm me whatever. im glad to help :)

also, for more help go here http://community.boredofstudies.org.../65427/faq-transformations-emma-clueless.html
its a very detailed overview (if thats possible :p) of the novel and the movie thanks to grk styl and her affiliates :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)