• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

URGENT: help needed! (1 Viewer)

Mysteryof07

HSC
N/A
hey i just wondering if anyone could give me hand with study and assessments. I got like 30% in my food tech half yearly and if i don't do anything about it there's almost no point of doing my hsc coz i've only got 5 subjects.

i find it really hard to study and do homework.. i can't find enough motivation.
i do all my assessment tasks the night before and i get crappy marks.

i can never write in enough detail and essays are my biggest monsters.

is there anyway i can do well if im not motivated?
probably not but can anyone help me??

just post anything helpful here asap!!!!!!!!

Blonde.girl

HSC
Maybe u should listening to music or watch a movie while u doing it....as i put a movie on and do my homework.......when i assessment i did it a couple before and go on msn at the same time LOL it helps me as at least im not just doing boring school work :wave:

allysha

i wish upon a star...
HSC
just try to relax

for english to study my frined did the hsc last year
she recommends remembering three quotes, three techniques and ur intro

detail... just be really specific in what ur writing about... cant hurt to say what u think might be too much

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Blonde.girl said:
Maybe u should listening to music or watch a movie while u doing it....as i put a movie on and do my homework.......when i assessment i did it a couple before and go on msn at the same time LOL it helps me as at least im not just doing boring school work :wave:
I couldn't think of worse advice.

Try offering yourself incentives to do work. Adopt a positive mindset. Tell yourself that you are smarter than you are showing. Use it as motivation to push yourself higher.

Force yourself, or get your parents to force you to do it. Prevention is better than cure.

Last of all, good luck.

ChrissyGirl2007

Vivimus Vivamus
HSC
bringbackshred said:
I couldn't think of worse advice.

Try offering yourself incentives to do work. Adopt a positive mindset. Tell yourself that you are smarter than you are showing. Use it as motivation to push yourself higher.

Force yourself, or get your parents to force you to do it. Prevention is better than cure.

Last of all, good luck.
hey i agree.. i cant study or do homework or assessments when im on msn or watching tv. i just get bored of assignments and waste the whole day on msn. I youre really struggling ask your teachers for sum extra help.
and dont stress, there are so many people in the same boat as you.. myself including.

if good hsc results and happy teachers aren't a good enough motivation.. i don't know what else is. Yes reward yourself.. make deals with yourself. E.G if i do this now.. i can go to sally's party tonight. if i don't do it i have to stay home and miss out on sally's party to do it.

jirwin

HSC
hmm... i understand why u think its bad but for me... being online and on msn means i get work done. im extremely good at multitasking and find that if im not on msn then i get hardly anything done... this forum is a bit more addictive so i try and stay off this but im constantly on msn.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
jirwin said:
hmm... i understand why u think its bad but for me... being online and on msn means i get work done. im extremely good at multitasking and find that if im not on msn then i get hardly anything done... this forum is a bit more addictive so i try and stay off this but im constantly on msn.
Same thing happens with me.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
You could try giving yourself some sort of reward for studying. Eg: If you study for 2 hours a night you can reward yourself with the full weekend of going out and partying. Or you could negociate with your parents or someone that if you get above a specific UAI (eg: 75 UAI) then your parents can pay for ALL of the costs for your schoolies! That could keep you motivated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)