• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Using out of syllabus techniques for HSC (1 Viewer)

Sus24

HSC
Just wanted to get a consensus on whether it was worth investing the time into learning some out of syllabus methods that could be useful for the HSC exams, and also that by using these methods that I would still get the marks for the working?

Thanks in advance

K2Trappy

HSC
Just wanted to get a consensus on whether it was worth investing the time into learning some out of syllabus methods that could be useful for the HSC exams, and also that by using these methods that I would still get the marks for the working?

Thanks in advance
yes u would but I don't understand the point just do it normally?

spiderfan44

HSC

Thanks in advance
what are you talking about? stimmies???

iloveeggs

HSC

Thanks in advance
i dont do 4u obviously, but here's my 2 cents worth

• yeah you can use out of syllabus methods, my school actually teaches a a few and i go to tutoring which also teaches a few.
  • you usually will not be marked down for using a method like this unless the whole point of the question is to use a specific method (which should be indicated by the question anyways).
  • in my school if we have q's worth a lot of marks it is expected that you do enough working to earn all of those marks. if your out-of-syllabus method can be used to skip a lot of working, for a question that needs working to earn marks, you may be penalised. idk how this might apply to you but i believe this is standard practise bc the teachers in my school have worked at a bunch of schools.
  • should you take time out of your revision time to seek out and earn new out of syllabus methods? maybe, maybe not. if you find that you take a horrifically long time to do something to the point that its troubling you, if you just don't understand the methods you are already being taught or whatever, yeah it might be worth seeking out new methods. if not, you have no reason to put time aside to simply find new methods to do things you already know how to do just fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)