USYD Lib Studs or UNSW Arts/Science ? (1 Viewer)

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
Hi All,

So I got a HECS offer at USYD to do Liberal Studies and a FEE place at UNSW to do Arts/Science. Does anyone think the UNSW program is good enough to take the fee-paying place ? My main concern is that when I go overseas they won't recognise Liberal Studies as a 'proper' degree or something.

Help me !!

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
id do the arts/science..........at least that way ull get a degree in two different courses..........plus cant u do alot of what is learn in lib studies in an arts course anyway........dont u basically pick what u want to do??

nemuca

Ultimate Bludger!!
HSC
if by saying "overseas" you mean going to the States, then the liberal studies degree would definitely be recognised, because it's a 4-year degree course... certain other countries offer liberal studies degrees, so i suppose it'll be recognised as well

as far as arts is concerned, i've heard that the arts faculty of usyd has a much better reputation, not sure about science tho

maybe you should have a look at their course structures, because liberal studies require you to do a certain number of credit points in a foreign language, if you're not at all interested in doing that, maybe you should choose art/sci@unsw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)