usyd pharmacy transfer (1 Viewer)

dooroo

HSC
N/A
hello I'm a auckland university student from new zealand and I am currently studying health sciences first year I want to go to usyd next year through my WAM, and I calculated and it was 67, I looked up at the usyd pharmacy atar and it was 90, so I was wondering if I have a chance?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Provided you have completed at least one year of full-time study (or equivalent) in the Bachelor of Health Sciences, a WAM of 67 (which would translate into a GPA of approximately 5 or slightly higher than 5) would be sufficient for you to transfer to USyd's pharmacy program (assuming that you are referring to the Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) / Master of Pharmacy Practice, which requires a selection rank of 90) as it would have an ATAR equivalent of 96. Here, I refer to this document from the University of Queensland, specifically the table with the heading "All other institutions" on the second page.

While I would be inclined to think that the information outlined in the document is applicable solely to Australian universities, the fact that UoA's rank is similar to that of USyd as well as other Australian universities suggests that there is a chance that USyd would assess your application under similar (if not the same) standards to other students who may be transferring to USyd from an Australian university.

Overall, I believe that you have a good chance of receiving an offer to USyd. With that being said, it would probably be a good idea to try improving your performance at UoA (if applicable) in order to maximise your chances of admission.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)