• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UTS introduces full fee undergrad places (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Apparently UTS council voted today to introduce full fee undergrad places for local students as of next year. Details are sketchy, I will post more info as it comes to hand. They did it quite secretely apparently.

What do you all think of this? Do you think the other unis in Sydney will now join the full fee conga line?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i think it was only a matter of time considering all the unis would like extra money

you cant live off international students all the time you know

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Well from the sydney unis, i think UWS are the only ones without a full fee paying entry scheme, so i dont really see it as a "conga" line, and with things getting harder by the moment, why not?

jbor

HSC
N/A
Hi ,
Probably seem like a real dumb ass question but here goes :

I will be applying to NSW Uni's next year. I am a PR visa holder (i.e can apply for HECS / classed as a Local student etc). Does the introduction of full fee places (which I couldnt afford) mean the UAI scores for the HECS places will go up? Also is full fee places really for any student who fall short of the UAI cutoff and "buy" a few points by going full fee.
TIA
J

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
jbor: Unlikely, they wont cut HECS places but the fullfee will be in addition to the HECS places.

You pretty much described full fee places, but they give alot of funding to the uni (moreso then anybody could expect the government to provide per person) so it isn't necessairly bad considering they still have to maintain the same standard as you in the course.

jbor

HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
jbor: Unlikely, they wont cut HECS places but the fullfee will be in addition to the HECS places.

You pretty much described full fee places, but they give alot of funding to the uni (moreso then anybody could expect the government to provide per person) so it isn't necessairly bad considering they still have to maintain the same standard as you in the course.
Thanks for that. Was a bit worried the HECS places would be diluted to make way for full fee thus increasing the UAI for fewer hecs places (I am a Permanent Resident so not upto speed with the Australian Uni system - am getting there slowly though )

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
If anything increasing full fee places (if government funding stays at the same/relative levels) should lead to an increase in the ammount of university funds/hecs places :p

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
Well from the sydney unis, i think UWS are the only ones without a full fee paying entry scheme, so i dont really see it as a "conga" line, and with things getting harder by the moment, why not?
Macq's full fee entry marks are at the same level as HECS marks, though...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Well officially and technically we don't have one, Macquarie Full Fee Courses dont exist per se. But SIBT only needs a UAI of over >66 to get into a diploma program which could lead to a direct entry into 2nd year with full credit for the complete courses, and Non Award, doesnt have much of a limit to their UAI requirement, but is a per unit pay scheme.

As far as im aware, there are only Postgrad and International students who pay Full Fee courses?

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
Well officially and technically we don't have one, Macquarie Full Fee Courses dont exist per se. But SIBT only needs a UAI of over >66 to get into a diploma program which could lead to a direct entry into 2nd year with full credit for the complete courses, and Non Award, doesnt have much of a limit to their UAI requirement, but is a per unit pay scheme.
Ah, yes. Very true. With non-award you just have to pass your units and are then matriculated into a BA, and SIBT into a BCom/BBA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)