uts??? (1 Viewer)

pri

HSC
N/A
i agree

though they do have very nice scholarships

the ppl i know doing accounting at UTS all applied and receive very nice cadetships to firms like prizewaterhouse, if you are serious about accounting, I suggest u check out the cadetships elizabethy

fatmuscle

HSC
priZewaterhouse? lol

Althought Accounting *IS* boring (yes, I study it too) if you know what you're doing (which I don't) you'll fly through accounting easily.

SoFTuaRiaL

u'd be better off doing two majors in whatever u do .... in todays world, u are NEVER guaranteed a safe job in any one field (except for actuary :D:D)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Be wary, it is a long and tedious road you seek. My mother has been an accountant for over 20 years, and she says it takes a love of the field to succeed. When I asked if I should do it, she said straight out "if you don't know that by now, you'll hate it and fail and drop out and be screwed by the government"...ok, maybe not the bit about the government. But seriously, as a CPA she said that people looking into it should look into it very thoroughly before electing to enter the course.

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
I did accounting last semester at Uni and I have transferred to Banking and Finance (even though the first yr subjects are the same).

I personally didn't like accounting - too boring :) although I know a lot of people that really enjoy accounting - i spose it is whatever you like...

I enjoy economics more - it is more interesting and learnt more content about the world that seems to make sense..

Generator

HSC
N/A
When going for the UTS scholarship, don't answer the 'why are accounts paid so much?' question with a 'because it is a boring job' reply. A mate did that, and he didn't get very far.

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Generator
When going for the UTS scholarship, don't say answer the 'why are accounts paid so much?' question with a 'because it is a boring job' reply. A mate did that, and he didn't get very far.
HAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)