• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Variety of text types?

nguyentech

HSC
Is it okay if I choose to use a film and a painting for my supplementary texts?... even though they are both visuals?

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Yes, they're different mediums.

However if your primary text is a film you should be cautious of choosing another film as a supplmentary text.

Lorie

HSC
yeah that should be fine. Just be sure to refer to different techiques used.

littlebear1107

HSC
I'm doing 2 coleridge poems and i was going to also choose a poem from the stimulus booklet... is this a BAD idea??? Neither of my supps are poetry though

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
nah. For the stimulus booklet, its ok. Im doing coleridge and atwood.

Happeninchick

Gilmore Girl
HSC
I'm also doing Coleridge and had chosen to do "The Road Not taken" from the stimulus booklet. In my trial I got marked down for choosing POETRY against POETRY. So I rang the HSC Advice line and asked the woman about whether we are to choose differing text types. She asked me what I had chosen to do and I said how I had Coleridges POETRY up against the stimulus POETRY. She said to change my stimuls, as you are not allowed to have POETRY against POETRY or FILM against FILM etc... Just thought I would let you all know. :(

frazzle

HSC
one of the criterias was to select texts froma wide range of media, you'll show a greater understanding of that of you choose different text types.

i'm doing coleridge poems, visual stimulus, a film and a song.

xeriphic

apparently my compulsory text is a film and I also chose a film for my supps, ohh wells though my other related materials are different, historical text, novel, poem XD roflmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)