• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

VC week/Mid-sem break (2 Viewers)

T

timbk2

Whats everyone up to?

assignments?
movies?
easter show?
sleep?
catching up on those missed lectures?

You might think a week is a long time.. but you'll be amazed how little u can do during these weeks. My best advice is to plan out eveyrthing u want to do during the next week or so now.. and then do a bit of work eveeryday to achieve it.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ah ive got some work to do and a bit of study//not heaps though

some uni friends want to go out to the easter show, but i seriously dont want to waste what little money i have going there :(

santaslayer

HSC
Plan to do 2 big assingments...tyayyyy!!

and maybe go skating...

no easter show though...might ask people to buy the bags if i really want them...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
My mid semester break isn't for about another 4 weeks :mad:

But I'm just happy that its the long weekend .

Which I will probably spend both catching up on work, reading textbooks and starting and finishing assignments.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Assignment mainly, little relaxation, and hopefully some catch up.

Not to much but knowing me I will be lazy with the assignment and slowly do it, destroying the relaxation but extending the time it takes.

If time permits reorganising my room/desk. However that doesn't look likely to happen.

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Very difficult essay (20%) for Animal and Human Biology. Tough question, and only 1000 words to answer it in.

Riewe

HSC
Catch up on the first 4 weeks of stuff. I haven't done any study, or anything study-related, except prac reports, so i really need to figure out what each subject is talking about before the mid-semester exams come along. But that is my plan, and most likely, it'll never turn out like that.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
yeh, i also need to catch-up on the last 4 weeks......i can't believe how quickly they've gone and now i'm regretting not doing more study since the next 10 weeks are going to be crazy.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
2 assignments (did one today, wohooo!)
2 seminars
read over my notes about a billion times
start researching for 2 essays due in May
Read ahead for the next 2 weeks (hopefully)

...and yes trying to fit in going to the show, seeing friends, going shopping and hanging out.

sarevok

HSC
I've got one assignment which I'll do tomorrow. Apart from that I intend to bludge.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Write up graduate recruitment applications..

jellybeenz

HSC
Do everything I should have done in the past 3 weeks. I was hoping to get started on my essays.... but I really don't see that happening.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
Minai said:
that must be pretty freaky........after you've just gotten used to the university life after highschool it's over again..

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Three years is plenty of time at uni. It only takes a single semester to "get used" to uni life, though to be fair you need a full year (including the summer break between first and second year) to understand and swing with the whole Academic Year at uni. The next two years are more of the same but with interesting content and harder work.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
babez_hamp said:
that must be pretty freaky........after you've just gotten used to the university life after highschool it's over again..
Yeah...a lot of grad friends I've talked to miss uni, because, compared to working life, uni is such a bludge (even though you may have 20-30 hours of uni a week, you'd be working 50-60 hours a week)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah but thats the point- you are no longer studying, you are using ur skills in your chosen field

in uni u have to study/work and get a job, but after uni these 2 things become your career

so its probably not the same amount of hours- i dont know how hard some of you work at uni and ur jobs....but yeah

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
well if i was doing medicine like urself i would devote my time to study- yes

i was just pointing out that there are stages in your life that lead to another stage

i guess :(

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Minai said:
I thought you don't finish at the end of the year because your doing less subjects this year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)